Hello guys me again!

I've pretty much disided on what ill do with the red special idea but that isnt important now.

GFS sells the pickups with the supposed correct matching of 6.5k for all 3 pickups. But wasn't brian may's middle pup 6.7k? If it is will this make a big difference?

Also another thing i was reading is the pickups in the middle isnt wound like brian may's, so when you parralel the middle and bridge pups there is a hum whereas brian would get no hum. Do you know if they can wind it the correct way or would I have to myself? And is it hard to do?

Sorry for the questions.

On a side not i want to give a little idea what im gonna be doing for my Red Special Strat.

My guitar teacher is selling me an alder strat body that is a beutiful red and for 20 bucks. Then I'm buying a gfs Rosewood Neck as well as the gfs Gotoh Tuners. Then I'm getting the "BHM Style" Pickguard from gfs, that has all that is needed to make a strat red special, all the switches and everything, its quite cool. Then of course im getting the Brighton Rock pups. Also the strat body has a floyd rose trem cavity, but i dont want the floyd rose and am not sure if I can somehow use a fender trem.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Are the pickups you are speaking of the Burns Tri-Sonics? Because I have an Official Brian May Red Special and a strat with the tri-sonics (you can see I'm a May fan as well). But as for your problem, Brian bought tri-sonics and repotted and rewound them on the original Red Special I believe. As for the specifications, I am not sure of.
Quote by Skullivan
Are the pickups you are speaking of the Burns Tri-Sonics? Because I have an Official Brian May Red Special and a strat with the tri-sonics (you can see I'm a May fan as well). But as for your problem, Brian bought tri-sonics and repotted and rewound them on the original Red Special I believe. As for the specifications, I am not sure of.

Naw man. They are supposed to sound like them though, and i really like the tone. But I'm just confused about the wiring and what needs to be changed.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
Naw man. They are supposed to sound like them though, and i really like the tone. But I'm just confused about the wiring and what needs to be changed.

Oh, sorry bro, can't help you there. But I'm here for ya
Quote by Skullivan
Oh, sorry bro, can't help you there. But I'm here for ya

Thanks for the hug.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Guys do I have to rewind the middle pickup reverse? If yes how can I do this easily.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by DEADMANSGHOST
The set comes with the middle pup reverse wound.

No i mean reverse it so it isnt reverse if that makes any sense.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
No i mean reverse it so it isnt reverse if that makes any sense.

You can buy singles of the 6.5K. Just buy those, and you'll have no reverse wound. I could never see the point point of 2 hum cancelling positions when the rest are noisy. Bring on the noise fest! If you do put them in I'm sure we'd all love to hear how you feel about them...good luck!