What would be the best passive pickup for metal. i like high gain but when i hit the 6th string i like to hear some bass. I'm looking for a bullet for my valentine sound i guess you could say.
Any suggestions???

Bareknuckles... Aftermath, Warpig, Painkiller, Nailbomb

It depends on the guitar you are going to put them in.

Others can chime in on the specifics.

ALSO
what is your budget!
budget....

and bfmv's tone wouldnt relate to the "best pickups for metal" considering their sound is pretty generic.

bareknuckles have earned their rep

Seymour Duncan JB and '59 i think are great for a not-to-high gain thrash sound with interesting mids. more vintage then anything.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
crappy gear
guitar-Jackson warrior
amp- roland cube 40w
budget- 80 or less
i've had a lot of success with the Bill Lawrence USA L500XL, only 55 bucks

but i believe Bareknuckles pickups would be the best. definitely.
hate to be "that" guy but best advice here....

what you really need is a new amp.....

and thats what money should be going towards.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
BFMV's sound is reliant on active pickups. Passives will not get you there, no matter which ones you use, if you want to nail their tone. The closest you'd get is Dimarzio D-Activators.

Your amp is gonna be a huge chunk of your tone anyway though. Pickups are almost irrelevant when altering tone if you don't have the right amp in the first place. BFMV tone is generic, but that doesn't make it bad. It's not cheap either though. ABY a Peavey 6505 and a Mesa Dual Rectifier, and you'll nail it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X