Which do you find to be the better speakers for metal, Sheffield 1290 speakers, or Eminence AX-75 speakers? i have a marshall ma cab that i got awhile back and i just recently became the owner of a peavey ms cab so i was wondering which speaker everyone else prefers. I was also considering putting two and two in each cab...would that be a bad idea?
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
I wouldn't really choose either, but I have a general dislike of Sheffield (I have used a few different ones and they just never sound great) I have never used the Ax-75, but I have used A LOT of eminences and they have been good for just about anything I could throw at them.
thanks for the response and i just so happen to have two cabs with two different speakers if i had money i would get v30's
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
Why don't you just try them out? Its more important what you think sounds best. Considering you already have the cabs and speakers, it should be a pretty simple test.
WTLTL 2011
semi pain in the ass test. the cab with the sheffields is on wheels but the marhsall ma cab is not making it a pain to move around on my own but i did get around to doing it today and discovered the marshall cab has more of a clear compressed tone where the peavey ms has more of a big punchy tone so would it be a bad idea to just put two speakers of each in both cabs? and if i do that should i make an x shape with them or do two on top two on bottom? never done this before so sorry if my questions seem a little dumb
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus