I am wondering what the communitys opinion is on Behringer guitar effects footpedals ? The specific pedal I have in mind is the Behringer Dynamic Wah DW400. I am a beginner/can't afford the high dollar/am very careful with the equipment I do have.
it wont sound as good and it might break after a week, but its cheap.

behringer in a nutshell
Quote by kidthorazine
I am wondering what the communitys opinion is on Behringer guitar effects footpedals ? The specific pedal I have in mind is the Behringer Dynamic Wah DW400. I am a beginner/can't afford the high dollar/am very careful with the equipment I do have.

Most of the Behrnger hate is justified.

Frankly you can get other low cost pedals that will sound and hold up better.

The Voxv845 would be a great example.

It's only $70 American
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/vox-v845-classic-wah-wah-guitar-effects-pedal

For $20 more you can get the 847. I basically beat the crap outta mine. You want a good wah at a reasonable price Vox is the way to go.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Hell used crybabys go for like 20-35 bucks here all the time. Im not a huge fan but it will be much more reliable than the behringer and most likely sound better. Plus plenty of mods you could do to it later for really cheap to make it pretty damn good.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I've gigged with a few of their stompboxes. Sound quality won't be too bad, but they're not as durable, and with some you'll have noise issues. Don't pay any more than $20 for one, and they're ok.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I have a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah pedal The Behringer I am looking at is an auto-wah plus simulated talk box pedal
im sorry but i dont really get all the hate surrounding behringer. ive used there pedals quite abit and had no issues whatsoever! yes theyre cheap but also durable. think people should be left to make up ther own minds on this one
^ He asked for opinions...

They are kind of okay ir you're on a budget. Stay away from their distortions and choruses though. It will probably last for a while, but no, it's not very durable. The switches are of quite terrible design and quality. I'd recommend you to go used instead.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I bought a behringer pedal way back...and I never made the same mistake again.

If u want a cheap wah I'd reccomend the vox v845.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
Yeah, dont get Behringer. My brother got loads and I got one or two, and none of them still work. I've started gutting them and using them as enclosures for custom pedals.
really? im guessing you dont take care of your gear then? i had a hell of alot of trouble with my boss sd-2 and the level on it! talk about crackling, then i bought a heavy distortion behringer....still goin strong now. ok the behringer stuff is made outa plastic but ive never had a switch fail on me
I've had two Behringer pedals. A compressor and a VD-1 (like a Big Muff). IMO the compressor didn't sound great. The VD-1 could sound decent but with the gain turned down got sputtery. Neither broke. I'm not impressed but every pedal can be different.