So, Blackstar has thrown out a 1 watt tube amp into the market several months back. I want to know what a lot of you all think of it, for the price and wattage.

Basically, does it give a good modern american gain sound like that EQ knob claims? I like brighter tones as well, so how well can the tone vary?

I'm seriously considering this amp due to its tube and cheapness for the features. I'd be looking to buy the Reverb Head used along with a 1x12 cab also used.
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
I have the 5 watt version w/ cabs and it sounds great. Everyone that has came over and checked it out has left impressed. I was upgrading from a Roland SS amp so its a huge jump in quality. Reviews were good and seems to be doing pretty well. I researched quite a while before taking the jump.

In fact we just got done playing with it, I love how I can drive the tubes hot and get some great sounds, and still be able to talk to my friend while playing, it can be super quiet, or pretty loud, depending on what you feel like. At home IMO it was my best choice, I dont gig or play shows or have a band, if I did there might have been a better option.
Last edited by nickni at Sep 30, 2011,
I actually just got one last week and I love it. It's not high gain, but if your not real picky it does just fine. The only thing I wish it had was a regular eq, but overall I'm happy with it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Sweet, sounds like its def worth it. How does it take pedals? I wouldn't all the time, but for delay/effects I'd like to use my RP355
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
Quote by Diesel Weasel
So, Blackstar has thrown out a 1 watt tube amp into the market several months back. I want to know what a lot of you all think of it, for the price and wattage.

Basically, does it give a good modern american gain sound like that EQ knob claims? I like brighter tones as well, so how well can the tone vary?

I'm seriously considering this amp due to its tube and cheapness for the features. I'd be looking to buy the Reverb Head used along with a 1x12 cab also used.

It's not all tube

From what I've heard, it's a decent amp