meh slightly ugly yes but i think its the gold hardware and ivory pups on a red bass. a bit mismatched i will say, but nothing a duncan quarter pound and different color hardware wont fix
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
i think that its really cool actually, just change the knobs and pickups to black or something or even chrome
Quote by summerson1
meh slightly ugly yes but i think its the gold hardware and ivory pups on a red bass. a bit mismatched i will say, but nothing a duncan quarter pound and different color hardware wont fix

It's that, and the pointy thing that kills it for me. Seymour won't fix that
Quote by askrere
He'll defend Rogues, what can you expect :p

Rogues are decent basses FOR THE PRICE which also goes along with the saying you get what you pay for. Just because i like them and will defend them doesn't mean i'll be stupid and say choose one over an MIA jazz. On topic i rather like the body shape of the destroyers.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Another horrible piece of Ibanez engineering.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
As has been covered, mismatched and ugly as sin. Furthermore, I used to own one of the (somewhat more visually pleasing) Gibson Explorer basses and that was enough for me to realise how impractical an explorer shaped bass actually is.
I have to agree with pretty much anyone who says it's ugly.

Not even a mother could love that.
Someone needs to tell Ibanez that the 80s ended over 21 years ago now.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I might like it if it had chrome hardware (used to it) and a p-up color that fits red better... Maybe just screw the red finish and paint it white or black

But yeah, dat shape.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Last edited by technoguyx at Oct 1, 2011,
I really don't think it's as ugly as people are saying. I think it's rather unique looking to be honest. I would never buy it new but if I ever stumbled upon a used one, I think it might be worth it.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Explorer shapes are cool, probably the only acceptable pointy bass outside of Warwick, but CAR is naff without a pickguard. If it was in a tasteful burst finish, then I'd be interested.
I want one! I love old 80's designs and this thing screams 80's.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
I dig it. Ibby had that Destroyer bass back in the 80's, and you can still find them for relatively cheap. Here's the same color:

A friend of mine just sold his metalic Blue Harmony Explorer/Destroyer a month or so ago.

They sound awesome.. like a P. But, they have a unique look... unlike a P.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."