its an S470, and idont know if it is one of the more desirable ibanezes of yesteryear. i am going to scoop this up ASAP if the guitar is one of the better models.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/2626428634.html

is it a no or a go? thanks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's not. The poster is right, it's a 470, but it's pre-ZR bridge. It has a TRS trem... not sure if it's the TRS or TSR II, but either way they're not that great.

I think it's still MIJ, but the hardware is cheaper and not as good.
if i could pick it up for $250 do you think it would be wroth it? i dont really want to sacrifice as long as used i stay around $500-$600, as i have yet anothe guitar i am ordering soon.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That looks like a Lo-TRS to me. I think it's the only one with "Ibanez" written in huge letters, but I may be wrong. If the guitar is Japanese, it's a Lo-TRS, if it's Korean, it's a Lo-TRS II(so avoid it).

If it's Korean, you can get a more recent made S470DXQM, or an S420 for $300 used. They will have a better trem.
Neither of those guitars have strings. Who knows how long they've been stringless.

I'm gonna say you'll have neck troubles out the ass. I wouldn't touch either of them myself.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Quote by BeastModeEngage
Neither of those guitars have strings. Who knows how long they've been stringless.

I'm gonna say you'll have neck troubles out the ass. I wouldn't touch either of them myself.

That's not at all accurate. A guitar neck is made to be straight. It's a piece of wood flat wood with another piece of flat wood glued to it, there's no reason being stringless will affect it. The case scenario might be the truss rod was over adjusted, so when the strings came off, it bent the neck too much.

It's simple really, the neck is made to be straight. The strings make it bow, so the truss rod makes it straight.
Quote by W4RP1G
That's not at all accurate. A guitar neck is made to be straight. It's a piece of wood flat wood with another piece of flat wood glued to it, there's no reason being stringless will affect it. The case scenario might be the truss rod was over adjusted, so when the strings came off, it bent the neck too much.

It's simple really, the neck is made to be straight. The strings make it bow, so the truss rod makes it straight.

I've read a few times now(enough to catch my attention) that leaving your guitar stringless for extended periods of time can really mess up your neck. Because there's no more tension to pull at the truss rod.

I mean, I'm not trying to be a self righteous asshole, but the things I've read has made it make sense to me. I've been telling my friends not to leave their guitars stringless. I'm gonna feel like an idiot if I'm wrong.. hahah
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Last edited by BeastModeEngage at Oct 1, 2011,
Quote by BeastModeEngage
I've read a few times now(enough to catch my attention) that leaving your guitar stringless for extended periods of time can really mess up your neck. Because there's no more tension to pull at the truss rod.

Meh, I can see that if the truss rod is making a significant bow, or it's left with a small bow for years maybe, but even then, you can play a guitar with a significant forward bow for years and it doesn't affect anything, acoustic guitarists that have to strum hard to overpower the rest of the band(bluegrass for example) do it to play hard without the fret buzz.

I watched a video of the PRS factory tour, some guy jumped up and down on a PRS neck without doing any damage. It was pretty impressive(you ought to watch it)
Quote by W4RP1G
Meh, I can see that if the truss rod is making a significant bow, or it's left with a small bow for years maybe, but even then, you can play a guitar with a significant forward bow for years and it doesn't affect anything, acoustic guitarists that have to strum hard to overpower the rest of the band(bluegrass for example) do it to play hard without the fret buzz.

I watched a video of the PRS factory tour, some guy jumped up and down on a PRS neck without doing any damage. It was pretty impressive(you ought to watch it)

Well.. shit.. hahha. Thanks for the info man. I'll just retract my earlier post
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror