Hi guys, I'm really big on ..I guess some call it Nu Jazz...anyway, Artist I love such a Nujabes (RIP), Nomak, Uyama Hiroto, etc. use some interesting filters, on either a Sample from another song, or on (mostly) piano they make themselves...an example of this "filter" would be on Nomak's "Moon Flow" ...reverb seems obvious, but I can't pinpoint what else is on it.

Any input is well appreciated
I'm also a fan of Nu Jazz, but I don't know any of the artists you mentioned. I guess it's a very varied genre.

If you're interested, you can check out these albums:
Jaga Jazzist - What We Must (Mixture of Jazz, electronica and post-rock)
Dhafer Youssef - Abu Nawas Rhapsody (Mixture of Jazz and Sufi music)
Saint Germain - Tourist (Mixture of House and Jazz instrumentation)

These are 3 of my all time favorite albums. All very innovative. If you need any more recommendations, hit me up
^ I'm digging Saint Germain, kind of reminds me of Jazz Liberatorz (Liberatorz are a bit more electronic, but still pretty killer). I'd love to hear more of this, and your username is awesome.
Hey man, I'm still discovering Saint Germain, but also digging it a lot. I'll check out Jazz Liberatorz, as I haven't heard of them.

I'm still new to genre, so I'm not the best to recommend this type of music, but one guy that seems interesting is Eivind Aarset, he's a well known jazz guitarist/programmer in Norway. He plays on one of Dhafer Youssef's albums (Divine Shadows which I'm obsessed with), and has his own Jazz/Drum n Bass/Ambient/... project that goes by his name. Check it out if you're interested, I haven't listened to it but I'm planning on doing it soon.

Jaga Jazzist also has other albums that combine electronica and jazz, "What We Must" was their first album to incorporate post-rock and that is one of my favorite records. I still haven't gotten around to listening to their earlier more electronica oriented stuff, but I also intend to do that soon.

LOL thanks man, Fela Kuti is definitely awesome, I need to find more of his records, but I only have Expensive Shit, which blew my mind. It's only 2 songs (each around 10 mins) but completely worth it.