Hey UG, I've been playing guitar since april, and discovering guitar really brought me out of a dark place. Ive been playing it ever since.
Recentl, I got together with my cousin, (who happens to be 13 and already a great musician) and I played with his bass. While I was playing, I realized that a bass was way more comfortable for me, and I enjoyed playing it.
So, I told my friend this and he says that maybe I'm a bassist. This has been on my mind awhile now... and I could be a bassist, but I want be wanna play guitar, really good at concerts.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
I just think if i start practicing with both, i wont get good at either of them. sorry if that last post was really bad... I was stoned

Why not play both?
I know a lot of professional guitarists who are also really great at bass.

Playing bass is a cool skill to have, especially when you get into home recording.
Dude, it's normal. Earlier this summer, I dropped guitar completely and played double bass for a while. There's no problem with being a multi-instrumentalist, it will all help you musically.

However, when you get to play both regularly, you should make a choice of which will be your main instrument. I stuck with guitar, but I still enjoy playing different instruments. Try both, choose the one you like more.

Good luck
Well, thanks for the replies. I'll try to play both, but I foresee some troubles with this.

I started out playing guitar and got a bass later, and I can tell you that if anything, it made me better at both guitar and bass.
In a way, being a multi-instrumentalist makes you better at all of your instruments. Piano improved my guitar playing, and they're not even related really. The same goes for bass and mandolin. They improved my playing also. That said, most of us choose one instrument to put most of our focus and practicing time into.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Be a musician instead. I play a variety of guitars, bass, keyboard, ukelele, ocarina, et cetera... and I want more. Don't limit yourself. Have fun!
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221