So, for a few months now i've been using Ernie balls' light top/ heavy bottom strings, but they wear out extremely quickly. The most they lasted me was 3 weeks.

2 days ago my high E broke but i had no time to even buy new strings. Now i have a few hours to go get some new strings and play.

10-52/4 is my preference, local shop hass only these brands of that gauge:

D'addario light/heavy XL Half rounds 10-52
D'adario light top/heavy botom XL Nickel R 10-52
Dunlop Kerry King sig. strings 10-52

Which of these can take the most abuse?
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Get 11-56's and never look back, lol

I did it cuz a friend suggested me ( had the same problems as you.. )

the high E-string never broke again...

AND they last ( at least for me.. with REALLLY abusing it ) for like 8 weeks
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Get yourself some Elixers. They sound great and that "new string sound" lasts a long time. They may be a little pricey but I swear by them now. I experimented with Ernie Balls, D'Adarrio, and DR strings in the past and imo they all suck compared to Elixer. DR comes in second though.
Do you mean they're wearing out as in they get corroded/dead, or they break?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Id gladly take Elixirs, considered them before actually, but stores arrround here dont stock much elixirs. They have only 10-43 and 11-46 i believe, both sets have thin low E for my taste.

What brand(s) makes 11-56? Would look into them

Quote by souperman08
Do you mean they're wearing out as in they get corroded/dead, or they break?

Both, first they corrode, begin to loose intonation, buzz and them break

Any recomendations?
Quote by the_white_bunny
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Last edited by hr113 at Oct 1, 2011,
Quote by hr113
Id gladly take Elixirs, considered them before actually, but stores arrround here dont stock much elixirs. They have only 10-43 and 11-46 i believe, both sets have thin low E for my taste.

What brand(s) makes 11-56? Would look into them

Both, first they corrode, begin to loose intonation, buzz and them break

Any recomendations?

Bummer, I've had the complete opposite with my STHB ernie balls. Out of those, I'd look at the Kerry King ones, I've heard alot of good things about Dunlop being durable.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Are the strings all breaking in the same place? 3 weeks is pretty extreme, there might be an issue with the nut or bridge.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by souperman08
Bummer, I've had the complete opposite with my STHB ernie balls. Out of those, I'd look at the Kerry King ones, I've heard alot of good things about Dunlop being durable.

Its probably my acid sweat

I heard good things about dunlop too, but usually things that have kerry king marking on them turn out to be crappy (bc rich, im looking at you)
But not discounting them just yet.

If anyone has any experience with any of those strings, input would be appreciated

EDIT:
@gwitersnamps
havent really paid attention to it, but this string broke on aprox. 17th fret. i doubt its nut/bridge fault
Quote by the_white_bunny
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Last edited by hr113 at Oct 1, 2011,
I have good experiences with D'addario strings. My current pair of D'addario strings has lasted me forever. But I have a feeliing there is a different issue here. We can conclude that there isn't any problems with your guitar's setup ect. that would kill the strings in three weeks.

Then I have to conclude that a combination of you sweat and playing style eats through your strings with record speed.

I my opnion you should either try a heavier gauge string( such as 11-56) or try Elixirs to see if they can resist your super acidic sweat. Or even maybe try both!
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
i guess d'addario it is
Quote by the_white_bunny
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
DR STRINGS! I was signed on to a DR rep for a LONG time! With good reason to!!! Sadly the band I play with now has a D'addario endorsement. HATE THOSE STRINGS.

I've NEVER had a DR break ever! I've Had EB, Dunlop, D'D, Elixirs, and ghs all break on me. i've tried them all. DR has best tone, and best strength.
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778