Page 1 of 2
So pit, i came up with a theory of sorts, which will take a bit of explaining.

So what if we all have different perceptions of colours, thats the basis of it.

We are taught the word blue associates itself with the colour blue, but what if someone thought "blue" was another colour?

So for example, someone could think that the word red was the colour yellow, or the word blue was the colour green.

Make sense?
Some tribe in Africa does that. They did a small experiment and there was a circle of light green dots, but in there was one dark green dots, and the people in the tribe couldnt pick out the dark green one, because they see the two colours as the same

The programme was on BBC not long ago
It's just like how everyone watches the projector screen bounce in the corners during school, everyone has this exact thought too.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Glad you made it to 10th grade philosophy
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by epiless
Yeah your not the first to think of that.

I didnt say i was the first to think of it, i was just saying that i discovered it by myself
Quote by LostLegion
Is time an invention or a discovery?

Discovery. The way we measure time is an invention. Amirite?
West Ham United
Old stuff, brah.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
It's really nothing much of a deal. The word blue could refer to any colour, it's just that you yourself connect the word blue to that particular colour which makes it strange if someone links orange to blue. They're just words, they only get their meaning from our interpretation.

EDIT: I reckon a discovery. The term 'time' itself has been conjured up by men eh?
Last edited by Equivalence at Oct 1, 2011,
Quote by Moullla
So pit, i came up with a theory of sorts, which will take a bit of explaining.

So what if we all have different perceptions of colours, thats the basis of it.

We are taught the word blue associates itself with the colour blue, but what if someone thought "blue" was another colour?

So for example, someone could think that the word red was the colour yellow, or the word blue was the colour green.

Make sense?

I had this thought once. And then I realised that it doesn't matter at all. Then I went and did something else
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
I had this thought once. And then I realised that it doesn't matter at all. Then I went and did something else

So many things to do, so little time.
No guise

Wait

What if we all have different perceptions of notes. Like my G sharp is your B flat

Or what if we're all in a computer simulated reality

No no no wait what if the universe is just an atom in an infinitely large bowl of Mac and Cheese

Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Not too long ago I sat in the same position thinking.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Lol the online community has slated this. I think it's because it was put forward as a display of intelligent thinking, which is implicitly an challenge to everybody else's intelligence
I thought of this shit when I was 4 years old. Get with it, people.
Quote by Reagar
Lol the online community has slated this. I think it's because it was put forward as a display of intelligent thinking, which is implicitly an challenge to everybody else's intelligence

Or maybe because we've all thought of it before, and then didn't care about it afterwards.
I have thought of this many times myself. As have a great many people. However, although a possibility, I personally do not believe it to be true.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by Reagar

Quote by Reagar
which is implicitly an challenge to everybody else's intelligence

Quote by Reagar
implicitly an challenge to

Quote by Reagar
an challenge

Quote by Reagar
an challenge

I read somewhere that the Russians don't have a word for blue. They just have words for "light blue and "dark blue", neither of which are blue.
RIP Adam
Quote by King Donkey
Discovery. The way we measure time is an invention. Amirite?

Time has concept except the one we give to it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
It doesn't matter at all.
As long as you know the names of the colours, there is no problem.
It's not like you can prove someone that green isn't green.
Still, there is colour blindness.
Dude thats just colour blindness... I'm colour blind and the likes of the colours like teal, mauve, turquoise, amber, cerise and shit just don't exist to me!! They're just darker/lighter versions of normal colours for me...

Edit: Check out the pics of grapes on this page... Apparently they're different colours..
Look the exact same to me

http://colorvisiontesting.com/color2.htm
Last edited by danbell at Oct 1, 2011,
Or maybe existence is only a second long, and we broke down that second into what we know as time.

Or maybe the big bang came from the big crunch. And before that there was another big bang. Maybe Big B's/C's are a doughnut and when the universe reaches it's maximum elasticity, it will go crunch.

Needless to say, I have very few friends in life.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by macaroni
You making fun of me, TS?

Me also macaroni... I'm guessing there's some sort of number in your profile pic that I can't see...
This is called linguistic relativity. There may be something to it but the majority of the results of studies into it are marred by the incredibly racist practices of the researchers, so
Quote by Equivalence
The word blue could refer to any colour, it's just that you yourself connect the word blue to that particular colour which makes it strange if someone links orange to blue.

True. The ancient Greeks actualy lacked a word for blue, infact they referred to the colour of a cloudless sky as "bronze".
I swear to god and may lightning strike me if it's not true but I've seen this thread a million times already,and everyone who starts it claims they have a revolutionary new theory they just came up with.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
True. The ancient Greeks actualy lacked a word for blue, infact they referred to the colour of a cloudless sky as "bronze".

That might explain excessive use of tobacco filters in films about ancient Greece
TS, I initially read the title as "I ****ed my own mom today..." I was disappointed, as you can understand, but regardless I put in the effort to check out your thread anyway. Now I'm here, absolutely disenchanted, thinking to myself: "Why TS? Why? Why would you lure me into here with your wicked luring abilities?" So tell me now, what do you have to say for yourself? How do you sleep at night?

How do you?
Quote by fail
No guise

Wait

What if we all have different perceptions of notes. Like my G sharp is your B flat

Then MT would tear you apart.
Quote by juckfush
Then MT would tear you apart.

Mountain Time? Manual Transmission? Man Tits?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Page 1 of 2