It's almost christmas so no doubt I'll be given a few hundred bucks to go spend on something, and I wanna start drumming.
Well, I'm a metalhead and there is no way I will start off drumming to the beatles and balh blah blah Justin Beiber christian rock losercrap, I will only play metal.
So, I ask the dude at the music shop and he recksons they start off around $400 for a basic kit, I'm seeing cheaper online.
Of course I realise there are lots of different drum setups and kits.

Last time I played drums is when i was 8.
Gahahaha no sense of rhythm.
I personally imagine I have an awesome sense of rhythm, since I ace at guitar hero drums on easy. No wait I do have an amazing sense of rhythm since I can play blast beats and lots of epic drum riffs on Keyboard drums, iPod drums etc using my fingers. , (The drum controller's sensor's where messed up so it was impossibru to hit the notes EXACTLY on time on Hard but I was hitting all those notes like a millisecond off).

I can hit like heaps faster than 16th notes at over 240bpm on guitar hero drum bass pedal,
Do I need a double bass setup pedal in order to acheive those speeds on an actual drumkit?
What size drumkit is good for a beginner, and no doubt I will need things like China Cymbals, Ride Cymbals, etc?

Just gimme some tips some points.

Thanks.
I know I sound like a noob lol.
Cos I am.
METAL!
Last edited by Ultraussie at Oct 1, 2011,
Oh no,

You do not sound like a noob,

You sound like a ignorant pretencious hypocritic butthurt teenager.

Quote by Ultraussie
epic drum riffs

What..?

Also,

A good sence of rhythm has little to do with drumming alone.
Last edited by Zeletros at Oct 1, 2011,
Quote by Oyface
I think this is a joke.

It's a joke, right?

It must be a joke.

I would really hope so!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Ultraussie
It's almost christmas so no doubt I'll be given a few hundred bucks to go spend on something, and I wanna start drumming.
Well, I'm a metalhead and there is no way I will start off drumming to the beatles and balh blah blah Justin Beiber christian rock losercrap, I will only play metal.
So, I ask the dude at the music shop and he recksons they start off around $400 for a basic kit, I'm seeing cheaper online.
Of course I realise there are lots of different drum setups and kits.

Last time I played drums is when i was 8.
Gahahaha no sense of rhythm.
I personally imagine I have an awesome sense of rhythm, since I ace at guitar hero drums on easy. No wait I do have an amazing sense of rhythm since I can play blast beats and lots of epic drum riffs on Keyboard drums, iPod drums etc using my fingers. , (The drum controller's sensor's where messed up so it was impossibru to hit the notes EXACTLY on time on Hard but I was hitting all those notes like a millisecond off).

I can hit like heaps faster than 16th notes at over 240bpm on guitar hero drum bass pedal,
Do I need a double bass setup pedal in order to acheive those speeds on an actual drumkit?
What size drumkit is good for a beginner, and no doubt I will need things like China Cymbals, Ride Cymbals, etc?

Just gimme some tips some points.

Thanks.
I know I sound like a noob lol.
Cos I am.
I remember you from the metal forum... goddamnit...

1.) You are not going to be able to play any kind of metal drums at first, even moderately fast stuff. You are not going to be able to actually play a blast beat or any kind of double bass roll. Your top speed for hands will be 16th notes at like 100-120 bpm.
2.) Guitar Hero bass drum speed does not transfer to actually bass drum speed at all. You will probably not be able to play 8th notes at 100 bpm on an actual pedal... but yes, you would. Don't expect to get anywhere closer to that fast without at least a year of really focused practicing.
3.) 4 or 5 pc. I would recommend the latter since I really dislike 4 piece kits but it doesn't really matter ultimately, it's personal preference. You don't need a ride or china, although many do like chinas a lot and IMO a kit doesn't feel complete without a ride.
4.) Expect to pay at least $500, maybe less if used (I got a 5 piece + hardware and some cymbals for $200)
5.) A "sense" of rhythm does not transmit to actually playing drums at all.
6.) If all you want to play is blasts, double bass, skank beats and/or basically all single strokes then you might as well not start at all.

I think that covers everything.

Also, it actually is not a joke.
Last edited by Steve08 at Oct 1, 2011,