Page 1 of 2

So today was the AFL Grand Final in Australia and (as seems to occur more and more often) the game was opened by a washed up has-been from overseas. I don't think I've ever heard such a woeful performance on such a big stage, but it definitely has lulz value for The Pit.

Enjoy?

EDIT: For extra enjoyment:
Quote by Sydney Morning Herald
I like Lionel, he doesn't have the energy I do though. Nothing personal... there's very few people who bring it like we do

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/meat-loaf-promises-performance-to-die-for-20110929-1kyrx.html
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Last edited by catempire at Oct 1, 2011,
There's been a lot of criticism on it, so it must have been pretty bad. I didn't watch it, because the whole pregame shit annoys me.
RIP Gooze

cats
Just about everyone I know was going for Collingwood. There's gonna be a few wet pillows tonight.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So you would have preferred a local washed-up has been. Like Jason Donovan. Or Michael Hutchence?

Well Michael Hutchence would have been quite a shock... but yes, if we are going to put a has-been on stage, it may as well be a cheap has-been. Or, you know, a good local artist.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Quote by LostLegion
He reminds me of Iron Maiden

Who meatloaf?
No way, Iron Maiden are phenomenal live
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by LostLegion

Nice.
Lol. Props to whoever did the mixing - mixed his voice right out of it. Seriously though, Cold Chisel should play the Grand Final every year until one of them dies.
Quote by mulefish
Who meatloaf?
No way, Iron Maiden are phenomenal live

It reminds me of the vocals from Run for the Hills
Quote by LostLegion

Are you saying Iron Maiden can't deliver live anymore? Cause I've seen them twice, both times excellent, in 2007, and 2011, my dads seen them 6 times, 1983, 1992, 2004, 2007, 2011, and says they get better each time...
Quote by intotheend
Are you saying Iron Maiden can't deliver live anymore? Cause I've seen them twice, both times excellent, in 2007, and 2011, my dads seen them 6 times, 1983, 1992, 2004, 2007, 2011, and says they get better each time...

Totally dude. IRON MAIDEN RULES. UP THE IRONS!
Quote by intotheend

Did I ever say they couldn't deliver anymore?
I thought this was going to be about that terrible infomercial for the meatloaf tin with the disgusting grey meatloaf.
Quote by LostLegion

Get the fuck out.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by LostLegion
What do you expect from a 64 year old?
Listen to Bob Catley (he is 64 too) and then you'll change your mind.
His name is Robert Paulson
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by catempire
Words

I just wanted to say I like your username, bro.

Quote by LostLegion

I saw Maiden early this year, and truth be told, I was actually sort of bored.
Last edited by tyler_j at Oct 1, 2011,
Quote by SFosterS
His name is Robert Paulson

Was just about to say that man
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by tyler_j

I saw Maiden early this year, and truth be told, I was actually sort of bored.

Agreed, I saw them a few times back in the early days, and they just don't do it for me like they used to anymore.

Don't get me wrong, they're a damn good band, they're just not as good live as they used to be.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Agreed, I saw them a few times back in the early days, and they just don't do it for me like they used to anymore.

Don't get me wrong, they're a damn good band, they're just not as good live as they used to be.

Personally, I think they are better
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by SlackerBabbath

You sure it's not just you, getting on a bit? Because personally I think a gigantic fucking robot is pretty awesome.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Exactly what mum said: Never re-heat old meatloaf.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by dann_blood
You sure it's not just you, getting on a bit? Because personally I think a gigantic fucking robot is pretty awesome.

Apparently no as he quoted someone who agrees with him.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I'd never seen them before, expected a good show, and was disappointed.
Lots of people loved it, but I don't know, maybe they aren't good with festival crowds
Quote by tyler_j
I'd never seen them before, expected a good show, and was disappointed.
Lots of people loved it, but I don't know, maybe they aren't good with festival crowds

Yes they are. Some of my friends saw them at Sonisphere and said they were incredible.

Also, watch Rock in Rio.
MANCHESTER UNITED
Quote by SharkyR
Yes they are. Some of my friends saw them at Sonisphere and said they were incredible.

Also, watch Rock in Rio.

Meh, well, to each his own.
fail performance for a fail game of a fail sport >_>
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I remember in a tigers v collingwood game in april they got airborne to play pregame, however I was there a few hours before the bounce and rather than a soundcheck all I heard was their song being played on the P.A over and over and what I was hearing was that it was being EQ'd and shiz by a tech.

Pretty dubious if you ask me...dubious as.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Tarsplitter
Apparently no as he quoted someone who agrees with him.

Apparantly you're either a) omniscient and have found out that one or both of those users are young or b) bereft of any sense of humour as you've missed the joke completely and felt the need to embarrass yourself by advertising it in this post.
Quote by Vornik
No talk of the game?

I think it was an awesome game up until the final quarter... and I was going for Geelong. It just seemed like Collingwood gave up after putting up such a fight, and even staying in the lead for a while.
I've honestly never actually listened to Bat Outta Hell. People love it, so I know I'm missing something, but oddly enough for such a big record, I can't find a copy.

Anyway, maybe I'm just hazy because I just got up, but the first two songs weren't that bad to me, not great or what I'd pay for a concert for, but listenable, but it seemed to start going to hell when he started talking about That and how he'll do anything but it for love.

When it got to Bat Outta Hell, the song everyone seems to say he murdered, it's not as bad as I was led in thinking it's going to be. Or at least until it got around 11:00 in. At that point it was cringeworthy.

The man is lucky he has the girl singing with him to keep him on track. Again, it could've been a lot worse to my ears, although maybe that's just because I haven't heard what it's supposed to sound like.

That said, even then, I can tell he's not hitting the right notes usually, and unfortunately, that seems to be more from trying to sing like he's twenty years younger than he is, which is something I always hate - I'd rather hear artists, when they get older, sing with a more comfortable melody or in a different octave, than try and fail to go where they used to.

Now, there are some cases where guys can still sing like that into their 60's(Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, etc.) and, if they take care of their voice, even their 80's(Tony Bennett. Hell, he's arguably better now than he was 40 years ago).

But every other famous singer getting up there, please, be honest, we won't begrudge you for changing the melody a little or going down an octave instead of up, but we don't want a night of notes that are close enough to be clear what you're shooting for, but far enough to be distinctly off.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Butt Rayge
No talk of the game?

I think it was an awesome game up until the final quarter... and I was going for Geelong. It just seemed like Collingwood gave up after putting up such a fight, and even staying in the lead for a while.

Same, and I'm a big cats supporter.

It just became a bit too easy for geelong in the last quater, and blew the result out so that the end result didn't really reflect how the match was played IMO
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Poglia
Listen to Bob Catley (he is 64 too) and then you'll change your mind.

But he's Bob Catley. He is timeless and ageless.

Massive cool points for being a fan of my favourite singer.

John Farnham too, he's 60+. Also not lost a step.

Quote by Minkaro
All the internet points go to this man.

Damn right. Bob Catley is the most underrated singer in rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va4i1Rqf0to

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Oct 1, 2011,
That said, Meat Loaf's latest record Hang Cool Teddy Bear was amazing.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Page 1 of 2