Hey, I've been playing my Marshall MG for a few years now, and I've decided now is the time to buy a good amp

I've got a nice big budget(£1000) and I want to get a really great amp, so I'm set for life and I won't need to further upgrade. I tried out a VOXAC30 which was amazing, but simply too loud. So that's a no sadly

I also tried a Fender Blues Deluxe, which was also awesome! I would happily buy that! I was just wondering what other good amps are there for blues/classic rock? I've heard good things about Mesa Boogies?

Cheers!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Yes the AC30 is far too loud.

You can get a better sound from an AC15 at normal volumes (it is still very loud, I jam with a loud drummer at the 7.5W setting). I have to use the master volume when practising on my own.

The new hand wired series are outstanding - best they've made since the sixties.

I picked up an AC15HW1X for £950 from Andertons in June without a haggle.

After a few months I'm still amazed at how good this amp is.
in addition to the valvepower you could probably look into stuff like martamp/mjw, matamp, english valve amps, cornell, lazy j, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow just listening to some Cornford demos, it sounds great! I must have to try that! I didn't think too much of the Valve power though. Cheers for the help guys!

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear!
You don't think much of the Valvepower? May I ask why?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You don't think much of the Valvepower? May I ask why?

I wrote my previous post wrongly, sorry. What I mean is, the Valvepower isn't what I'm looking for. As amps go though, it sounds great! Can I ask how you heard about it? I've never heard of them before.
If you liked the AC30, the AC4 is basically its little brother. It gets great distorted and clean tones, and has an cool attenuator option. I think its all around great.
i dunno about cath, but i think i just heard about it online on forums. Can't entirely remember
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh yeah liked it a lot too. worth considering as well
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What about an orange th30? Clean channel is very nice and versatile, dirty channel can easily achieve some nice classic rock tones, just giving you more options

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
Quote by stef123
I wrote my previous post wrongly, sorry. What I mean is, the Valvepower isn't what I'm looking for. As amps go though, it sounds great! Can I ask how you heard about it? I've never heard of them before.

I build 18 W'ers myself and I can see how they've built theirs and I approve. I found theirs researching 18W'ers for my own builds. There's only so much you can do with an 18W'er and anybody with experience can spot a good one from a crappy one with a quick glance.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Oct 1, 2011,
you don't need a new amp, you need new fingers
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
You're in the UK? You will pay way too much for a Mesa over there, but yes, there's probably a Mesa amp that's absolutely perfect for you. I would stick to any of the terrific made in UK products if I were you.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by stef123
Hey, I've been playing my Marshall MG for a few years now, and I've decided now is the time to buy a good amp

I've got a nice big budget(£1000) and I want to get a really great amp, so I'm set for life and I won't need to further upgrade. I tried out a VOXAC30 which was amazing, but simply too loud. So that's a no sadly

I also tried a Fender Blues Deluxe, which was also awesome! I would happily buy that! I was just wondering what other good amps are there for blues/classic rock? I've heard good things about Mesa Boogies?

Cheers!

Going off the Fender Blues, you could try out a Fender Blues Jr. with Cannabis Rex speakers. It's basically a limited edition Fender Blues Jr. with speakers made from hemp. Here's a review (it's fairly long) and I think the amp is under 1000 quid, around 500 I think. If you want a more expensive amp I'll find something else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rf9SOfAy1E
you're a stone fox