i've just recently bought a spider 120 watt and everything worked fine but today i played for about 10 minutes and then the light's kept flickering and going off.After that it kept rebooting itself every 3 or 4 seconds.Also gives off a little high pitched buzz sound which fades out when it reboots itself eachtime.I switched leads,guitars,differant sockets and the power cable but that did not help it even slightly.
If anyone can help or suggest some ways to fix it then that would be much appreciated

Cheers
the problem you have there is a common one...you bought a spider amp. Dont worry I have the same problem, it's fairly easily fixed;
Log onto Ebay, find someone who wants to buy it (thats the hard bit), sell it and buy anything...anything else :P
Either that, or your amp is ****ed...
@WantsLesPaul : Considering it now :P
@darkwolf291 : Gonna go tomorrow morning 'n' see whether i can get it replaced
@Powersurge213 : LOL
@coolstoryangus : that's what i thought it was but i've tried half a dozen times now so i presume it's not :/ thanks for the suggestion though
The solid state needs replacing. Might cost more than a handful of tubes. Hope it's under warranty, and if it's not too late, I'd recommend exchanging it for one with less solid state.
Quote by jetwash69
The solid state needs replacing. Might cost more than a handful of tubes. Hope it's under warranty, and if it's not too late, I'd recommend exchanging it for one with less solid state.

brilliant.

but yeah, the other guitarist in my band had this problem with his spider, too, and it was buggered. he went and got a replacement... instead of just getting a refund and buying a better amp. the one he's currently using has problems with the volume occasionally jumping up or down for no reason, it doesn't do it frequently but it definitely does it.

terrible, terrible quality amps, really, my advice would be get a refund on the amp and get something else, something that might actually work properly.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
if i do get a refund then i definitely will get a differant amp because line 6 are terrible :/
Quote by CArNaGe127
if i do get a refund then i definitely will get a differant amp because line 6 are terrible :/

well on the whole line 6 aren't terrible, they do have some very good stuff in the higher price ranges, it is just the spiders that are bad really, although i can understand why you'd think twice about buying another one of their products.

actually, the way i see it, line 6 are a terrible company that makes some good products, along with every other company out there, really. they are just taking advantage of the beginner's market - good advertising is all it takes. i'm pretty sure they are well aware that the spiders are shit, but as long as people keep on buying them, they will happily keep it that way.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Oct 1, 2011,
Quote by CArNaGe127
rebooting

There's your problem. Amps should not be computers. Amps are amps (which are very primitive in the land of technology).

but I don't know what to tell you otherwise.
Where's Waldo?