Hey guys, wanted to see who would be able to do an online project with me. I would like to write in a style that's more varied than usual metalcore with many more influences than just bands like Bullet for my Valentine and All That Remains, while still retaining the melodic passages and catchy choruses.

While I'm actually a fan of breakdowns (mostly because I like rhythmic stuff) it would definitely NOT be a priority in a song to get a breakdown in and would probably be more towards striving to use as little as possible and use a more progressive approach.

Band members needed:
Rhythm/Co-lead Guitarist
Bassist
Clean vocalist
MAYBE a Drummer

I can put down screaming vocals on a track as I pride myself on being able to scream well. Also I'm pretty well versed in lead guitar and have a basic understanding of music theory to go along with it.

The reason I say MAYBE to drummers is that most drummers don't have good recording equipment.
I would rather program drums that will sound good in a mix than have a drummer record through a cellphone mic.

Also, most important part, members will need to be able to record Directly into their computer and have good sound quality.

If you're interested, either give me a personal message, reply here or add me on MSN.
minimarine666@hotmail.com
I think I could handle clean vocals and/or growled vocals, seeing as that's the only type of harsh vocals I'm overall confident in my ability to do. I don't have anything to record into my computer with a guitar, but I do have USB mics.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
I'm always down. I have everything to record a good guitar sound and I've been known to write a few good riffs now and then. Also I have a pretty solid understanding of music theory.
j-falafel, if you could upload a sample of you doing some clean singing and some growls, i'd love to hear it.

Ssargentslayer, i looked at the music in your profile and i just want to know how versatile your playing is. like, can you sweep pick, alternate pick, string skip, stuff like that?
Quote by BloodReverence
j-falafel, if you could upload a sample of you doing some clean singing and some growls, i'd love to hear it.

Ssargentslayer, i looked at the music in your profile and i just want to know how versatile your playing is. like, can you sweep pick, alternate pick, string skip, stuff like that?

I can't sweep :/ but give me enough time I should be able to get most things down. I can play a few Protest the Hero songs
Quote by BloodReverence

Alright, any requests? xD
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
@j-falafel
Anything you believe you're good at singing!

@Ssargentslayer
If you can play a song from fortress with the leads, you're easily in ahah.

Is there any instant messaging programs you two use? I use skype and MSN personally but i know that doesn't always work for people
I use MSN, and I have Skype. I don't use it too much though.
my hotmail is alcallaghan@hotmail.com if you wish
Quote by BloodReverence
@j-falafel
Anything you believe you're good at singing!

@Ssargentslayer
If you can play a song from fortress with the leads, you're easily in ahah.

Is there any instant messaging programs you two use? I use skype and MSN personally but i know that doesn't always work for people

There are maybe a few bars I can't play from spoils and I mean it isn't perfectly clean and everything but nor is it a sloppy mess. I can play most of Bloodmeat my buddy learned the lead at the end so I couldn't be bothered learning it as well I used to know most of prequel to the sequel and all of coulrophobia both by BTBAM but my memory has faded Basically I can learn most things if I sit down and focus for a bit.

Do you have anything written?

Ps I added you on msn
Hey man id be down for guitars if you need someone else. I can play stuff like Protest the Hero, BTBAM, August Burns Red, Polaris by The Human Abstract (cant really play anything else by them haha). I also play more generic metalcore like Parkway Drive, Bullet, Trivium, and that sorta thing. As for techniques, my rhythm playing is solid, I can do 3 string sweeps well and can do some 5 string sweeps as long as its a pretty basic major/minor pattern, and am good at tapping. If you want any examples of my playing, let me know (dont check my profile, stuff on there is olddddd haha).
Here's a couple covers ive done, theyre a little more simple than the stuff youre wanting to do, but they give a good representation of my recording quality (although it could be better if I tried harder):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B11ODPRjHH8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50PwVWVc2U
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Last edited by --{matt}-- at Oct 3, 2011,