Poll: Red or Green?
Poll Options
View poll results: Red or Green?
Red
9 56%
Green
7 44%
Voters: 16.
1v1 "Memento Mori" (Remember Your Mortality) themed challenge.

(For 2 Points)

(Poll open for 5 days!)

Eternal Cycle

In a matter of heartbeats
Time can relinquish her grip

The flight of the carriages waits
For no man nor women to prepare

I welcome this numbing embrace
Envelopment in his tulle of darkness

The silk that nigh entwines my soul
Shall lace tendrils around thee too

With this in mind heed my advice

Live your life as that of the wild rose
Grow into the beauty of adulthood
Fulfill the needs of our one mother
Then fade from the light with grace
Do not attempt to confront this cycle
In which you have been placed
Allow the river to carry you onwards

Spat out mother's mouth only to return
Once more to the peaks of mountains

Tossing Diamond Crumbles Into The Wishing Well

A vision sparks into being like ancient stars,
the way reformed scars merely hint of their presence,
like an elegant waltz that tapers off
and finds itself recorded.

How trade winds blow as a constant reminder,
Earth's waters churn in an endless cycle.
Soil springs new life as a loving mother
before fires burn death upon the bond.

Behind the face of self-sustainment,
a treason emerges in the hearts of the living.
Made inconsequential are their tiring efforts,
for no one is sheltered from death's embrace.
Last edited by BluePaintCult at Oct 1, 2011,
Wow....i just read yours....it is good.....

IF YOU VIEW THIS THEN VOTE!!!!!!!!!!'
I haz gotten gud
Quote by ApatheticMe
Wow....i just read yours....it is good.....

IF YOU VIEW THIS THEN VOTE!!!!!!!!!!'

Thanks buddy, I wish I had taken more time on it but I ended up writing it as soon as I woke up this morning around 10 a.m. before my girlfriend had a chance to wake up and make me watch the Frieza Saga of DBZ with her nonstop until we had to depart for work. Baha.

BTW, I will be voting for my own piece after a few days once we get some votes coming in, and I expect you to do the same. Just didn't wanna jump right out of the gate and entirely give it away with a self-vote, although I'm sure my style is fairly unmistakable anyway xP
Last edited by BluePaintCult at Oct 1, 2011,
this is such a tough choice. but barring grammatical errors im gonna vote red... these are both great though!
Quote by BluePaintCult

BTW, I will be voting for my own piece after a few days once we get some votes coming in, and I expect you to do the same. Just didn't wanna jump right out of the gate and entirely give it away with a self-vote, although I'm sure my style is fairly unmistakable anyway xP

yeah....i thought it would be wrong to vote for ourselves..i was actually going to suggest we vote for each others pieces....but now...well i am going to vote for mine in a few days...
I haz gotten gud
I so did not do that....i told them to go for the one that they wanted to....i never showed them
mine....

if you want to play that way i can....XP
I haz gotten gud
Quote by BluePaintCult
Call it what you will; this isn't supposed to be a popularity contest.

i know....if you want to i will just forfeit...i dint try to break any rules...i just wanted to see people vote...I don't care who they vote for...

I honestly dont care if i win....I write for fun...And to improve my writing...
I haz gotten gud
Quote by ApatheticMe
i know....if you want to i will just forfeit...i dint try to break any rules...i just wanted to see people vote...I don't care who they vote for...

I honestly dont care if i win....I write for fun...And to improve my writing...

No need to forfeit. It's still a contest one way or another.
cool....i will just chill...I guess i might as well vote for mine now seeing as you voted for yours...
I haz gotten gud
Hey i cant see who voted for who since i voted now can i?...

it was fun seeing who voted for who....

oh well good luck to you...
I haz gotten gud
Hey i am not getting my friends to vote on this.....argh....

oh crap...i just realized i sent them the messages in a red font i always use....

so....thanks for making me red ....lolz
I haz gotten gud
more telling is that everyone who voted for green is a regular and i've never seen anybody who voted for red in S&L before.

i really don't understand the point of this. the concept is two pieces of authorless writing against each other and the best written piece wins. between telling people whose piece is whose and lobbying friends for votes it's just turning it into a stupid popularity contest and makes this an asinine, futile exercise in ego-bloating.
Quote by NGD1313
more telling is that everyone who voted for green is a regular and i've never seen anybody who voted for red in S&L before.

i really don't understand the point of this. the concept is two pieces of authorless writing against each other and the best written piece wins. between telling people whose piece is whose and lobbying friends for votes it's just turning it into a stupid popularity contest and makes this an asinine, futile exercise in ego-bloating.

I really wish it hadn't gone down this way, as I was really looking forward to a legitimate and anonymous contest, but the newer generation of UG members just aren't familiar with the long standing customs of this forum. I miss the old days.
I posted that after you said if thats how you want to play then :p

i am done

me -2

you +2

forfeit

I never meant for this to go down like this...i worked really hard on that and i just wanted to see people vote....

I feel like shit for this......I fail at life....
I haz gotten gud
Don't sweat it. In the future, I suggest allowing any contest you enter to play out without interfering in the natural course it is meant to take, in as anonymous a fashion as possible.

A forfeit is a forfeit, though. I have no real superficial desire for points but I'll go ahead and post the results for the sake of the official standings.
i just want to say that, although i dont approve of how apatheticme asked his friends to vote for him, i voted for his piece and was not asked by anyone to do so. doesnt matter anyway but i want to throw it out there
Quote by Dillon_Kennedy
i just want to say that, although i dont approve of how apatheticme asked his friends to vote for him, i voted for his piece and was not asked by anyone to do so. doesnt matter anyway but i want to throw it out there

I personally was well aware of this, inconsequential as it may be, considering just how many votes he received otherwise.