I recently bought a Strat which is set for standard tuning (the fretboard has X distance from the strings etc)

But I play Malmsteen and he is mostly in Eb(flat). Is there any risk or danger of playing in Eb while the guitar is set for E standard?

Thanks!
Nope, no danger, but it may buzz a bit if it needs a truss rod adjustment. Also, your intonation may be of a hair, but I bet you don't even notice.

Just do it. Nike.
Quote by W4RP1G
Nope, no danger, but it may buzz a bit if it needs a truss rod adjustment. Also, your intonation may be of a hair, but I bet you don't even notice.

Just do it. Nike.

This is all correct here, but that is just win.
Where's Waldo?
A strat needing a truss rod adjustment for half step down??? I think not...ever, in any situation.

You wont need to do any set up, just tune it to Eb and it should play pretty much the exact same, just a tad looser. If it's too loose, step your string gauge up one.
Quote by ethan_hanus
A strat needing a truss rod adjustment for half step down??? I think not...ever, in any situation.

Well it depends if he goes all string gauge crazy and pulls out some SRV shit in here.

But it should be fine.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Well it depends if he goes all string gauge crazy and pulls out some SRV shit in here.

But it should be fine.

well, i think he was saying that based on the assumption that the TS would be just tuning the guitar down to Eb with the same strings

not sure how much difference it'll make but you might have to loosen the tension screws in the tremolo cavity just a little if you want to keep the bridge at the same angle in it's "neutral" position (irrelevant if you're keeping it flat against the body all the time), and i think that's the most likely thing that's gonna happen. and even then - it might not need it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
lol no you'll be fine it's only a half a step and it's a stratocaster...i play mine in half step all the time for hendrix.