I like my comfy chair. Sure, I would be fine using one, but, while wearing shoes that were like having someone standing on my feet the entire time probably contributed to it, I couldn't stand four hours at a standing desk at work last year, so I wouldn't be able to use one exclusively.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
it's actually quite cool if you got back problems.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I'm just picturing a desk doing stand up comedy....

AND LOVING IT!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It would probably be better for me, but I couldn't do it at work or somewhere where I'd have to wear shoes, and I sure as shit am far too lazy to spend all my time at home standing.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Seems pretty cool to me, but I won't go for it unless there's a legit stand for the PC, I don't want to make one out of boxes and books
Maybe to read\write stuff. But i don't think it's comfortable for the wrist to use the mouse in that position.
It would be good for me, but I much prefer my comfortable chair.

20% shorter life span? Totally worth it.
pinga
Hell no.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
It's actually unhealthy to stand still for too long. If you do it long enough you will faint eventually because there will be not enough blood flowing to your brain.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Oct 1, 2011,
Any of you who have worked in retail or fast food know that 8+ hour shifts of continuous standing are not fun. There is something very unpleasant about standing still for long periods at a time. A standing desk for a 1-2 hour period of use, where you walk around, should be more optimal for your productivity than a sit-down desk though.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Pffft, you guys are weak! I stand on average 9+ hours a day (I do manual labour, plus I play guitar, watch tv and play computer games standing up ). I find standing up more comfortable then sitting down.
Quote by the bartender
It's actually unhealthy to stand still for too long. If you do it long enough you will faint eventually because there will be not enough blood flowing to your brain.

Not true at all. Theres a rediculous amount of muscles used in your body just to maintain standing that people take for granted. Once you get used to it, you'll find sitting down to be annoying.

Btw - chairs have only been around for about 300-400 years. Before than, you would have either squatted or just stood about to chill.
Last edited by Blacknoise at Oct 1, 2011,
Quote by darkstar2466
Any of you who have worked in retail or fast food know that 8+ hour shifts of continuous standing are not fun. There is something very unpleasant about standing still for long periods at a time. A standing desk for a 1-2 hour period of use, where you walk around, should be more optimal for your productivity than a sit-down desk though.

This.

I'm on my feet for sometimes 10 hours a day, and **** that. Seriously **** that.
Your lower back starts to feel like it's gonna cave in, and your feet feel like they've been encased in concrete.