hey guys, ok i did some research and im looking for a new amp to replace my crate flexwave 120\212....im interessted in line 6 actualy just wondering if someone have experienced them and can tell me what he\she think.

Personnaly i think its pretty good (watched some youtube review and stuff) but....well just wanna know what you guys think

the line 6 spider IV 150 combo guitar amp is the one im interrested in right now

is it good for gigging? and can i play with it if im in an apartment? (yeah thats the problem right now ) and if not....what should i take?

Thanks in advance
Line 6 makes good amps, but the spiders are not one of them.
I'd stay away from the Spider series, let alone a 150 watt combo.

Are you sure you wan't a line 6?
Aaaand...
Budget?
Location?
Gear?
Style of Music?
etc.
Where's Waldo?
don't trust youtube clips and stuff, because that can only give you a rough idea of how they sound. and sure, the spiders sound fine, but they are terrible quality and notoriously unreliable.

if you want some similar alternatives to look at i'd recommend that you look at the Vox VT or peavey vypyr.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
im not sure if line 6 is what i want but im just looking cause my crate is just.....crap hehe

i got a budget of 1000-1300 max
im in canada,new brundswick
i play with a gibson les paul traditionnal
i play a lot of metal and some classic\hard rock songs too
Quote by kre8noysz
im not sure if line 6 is what i want but im just looking cause my crate is just.....crap hehe

i got a budget of 1000-1300 max
im in canada,new brundswick
i play with a gibson les paul traditionnal
i play a lot of metal and some classic\hard rock songs too

Im assuming these aren't USD, then?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by WtrPlyr
if he's in Canada I don't think so no...

Well I just looked at the conversion ratio.... Its almost 1:1

So yeah, he's still crazy.

Edit: TS; look to see if you can find a used Splawn (QR, PM, Nitro), or maybe a used Orange (Rockerverb)
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Oct 1, 2011,
1300 budget but its stil a lot of money considering im not a rich person but if i can find something a little cheaper (700 to 900 for example) and i dont mind if its used or new as long as its in good condition its cool for me.
For the lobe of god not a spider, if you want a line 6 look into a Vetta or a Vetta II, otherwise for 1300 there much much better out there.
Line 6 makes some great amps.

Spider Valve
Flextone
Vetta
DT25/DT50

Stay away from the solid state Spiders, though. They sound decent enough at bedroom levels, but they are terrible in band situations, they are poorly built, and they tend to be rather unreliable.
Line 6 is garbage don't listen to anyone who says they're great. Half the people that do the reviews/vids are unexperienced players or 14 years old or younger. I guess I shouldn't say its garage because they make some nicer high end amps but the spiders are just trash don't buy one.

They'll work in a bedroom but that's about it. They are very unreliable, mine would do all kinds of dumb shit where you would have to flip the power switch on and off like 4 times to get it to come on, sometimes the speaker would make a pop noise. I was happy the day it broke! It's just not a very good amp don't get one. Especially if you have the money to get something better.

You're also playing a Gibson les paul, so that would be like buying high definition from your tv company but not having a high definition tv....
I also play a Gibson Les Paul but I have the standard. If you're gonna get a spider you should just sell your les paul...
^^^^^^

this guy is a retarded asshole that probably has only seen the line6 spiders.

do not buy the line6 spiders. but the valves, and dt's are amazing.