So I'm gigging with my friend's group on Friday. I have a Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt, I'm not taking my Mesa Mark IV, lol. Is that enough?
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
id bring a MarkIV for gigging in front of 2 people.

but no the 30w wont be loud enough.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
30 Watts tube - probably
30 Watts Solid state - no

This is assuming the amp isn't mic'd.

Bring the mesa. You will sound better and look like less of a noob.
Troll harder
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by zirkonflex
troll

wat? Virtually any amp mic'd would be loud enough for any gig because they can amplify the shit out of it on the PA system.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by adj209
Troll harder

This. What moron would take a 30w Spider over what is damn near, if not THE, best amp ever made?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
This. What moron would take a 30w Spider over what is damn near, if not THE, best amp ever made?

now who's trolling?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
now who's trolling?

Imo, of course

but I'm a bit biased because I have one..
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
^

i'd shoot myself if i had that many knobs on my amp.

Quote by JagerSlushy
Imo, of course

but I'm a bit biased because I have one..

that's better.
3/10
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
The number of people at the gig is totally irrelevant. What matters is how it will perform alongside drums. You just have to keep up with the drums. If you need more volume then the drums are being miked and so will your amp.
A 30W Spider will only just keep up with a drummer. Don't be a wuss - take your Mark IV.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Don't be a wuss - take your Mark IV.

Listen to Cathbard, he knows this shit!
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
... I feel like I have deceived you guys.

I'm not taking my Mark IV because it's a pain in the ass to move. I have a Toyota Corolla and I wouldn't have any help moving the thing in and out of the car. I mean, if it'll make that much of a difference that it'll be worth it then maybe. I'm gigging with my friend's hip hop group. There is no drummer.

Allow me to repeat this. There is no drummer. The only things that will be producing sound are the backing track (on a PA system) and the group, which consists of vocalists alone. I'm the only instrument there.

Forgive me if this seems like a dumb question, I just don't know how loud 30W can actually get >_>. I know it can be loud but I don't know if it can handle that amount of people given the circumstances.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Last edited by Nico the Great at Oct 2, 2011,
i'm thinking that the 30 watt spider would still get lost over the sound of the pa and crowd noise so i would say either mic the spider or take the mark 4 is it a outside show or inside
It's outside, unless it rains in which case we have no idea where the hell it'll be. It's at my friend's university so it's a little less professional than an actual venue >_>. The guy running it has been less than helpful in giving us info, I only found out that the gig will be next friday about two days ago. We originally thought it was gonna be this Friday. I also don't know if I'll be mic'd up, but my friend is working on getting that info.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Last edited by Nico the Great at Oct 2, 2011,
Lmao geez dude. Okay do the gig w/ the 30 watts and post a vid on UG of the crowd's reaction.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
Quote by Lennon993
Lmao geez dude. Okay do the gig w/ the 30 watts and post a vid on UG of the crowd's reaction.

Appreciate the sarcasm there chump.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
well if you can get it mic'd up inside side you might be able to get away with it i know back in in my high school days the jazz band had a guitar player who used a 30 watt fender solid state amp and you could hear him over everything fine and i can understand why you don't want to lug the mark 4 around just for this type of gig
when daybreak reaches, see how far you can crank the volume on the spider untill you realize it cant handle its own bass and it sounds like a distorted fart.

not like its going to be anywhere near less then full volume.

its worth taking the mesa
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I guessed that your reason was that it is harder to move around. That's why I told you not to be a wuss.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Umm.. 30watts in a small room is loud. 30 watts in a large room with 20 people isn't that loud before amp clipping.

30watts outside will be drowned out. The crickets will be louder.
So I just got called by my friend, he doesn't actually know if there will be 100-200 people there. I love vagueness.

I'm getting the feeling that I should just bring my Mark IV regardless because of everyone's comments though.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nico the Great
So I just got called by my friend, he doesn't actually know if there will be 100-200 people there. I love vagueness.

I'm getting the feeling that I should just bring my Mark IV regardless because of everyone's comments though.

Si
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
wait.

you don't know how loud your amp is?

really?

you've never cranked the spider up to actually see how loud it get's before it causes a black hole of toan?

dude. duuuuuuude.

maybe try that oh, once?

Quote by Nico the Great

Fucking yes!
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by gregs1020
wait.

you don't know how loud your amp is?

really?

you've never cranked the spider up to actually see how loud it get's before it causes a black hole of toan?

dude. duuuuuuude.

maybe try that oh, once?

Yeah I know. I've never had a reason to. Like, this is my first legit gig, and I've never had a reason to go past that threshold where it becomes a huge muddy mess . I've never really wanted to see how loud it can get while sustaining the tone. It's a practice amp, so that's all I really use it for. If I wanted loud, that's what my Mesa is for .

... I think I just came to the conclusion I needed with that last sentence though. That is, unless I'll be mic'd.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie