I remember reading about an experiment where this person got a baby. And each time that baby touched something white (or something like that) he set off an alarm scaring the child. So eventually the child became afraid of things that are white.

Does anyone know the name of that experiment itself or the psychological term for such a response?

(sorry about having to put this in the pit, Google isn't being very kind to me right now)

EDIT: He became afraid of things that are furry or wooly. Not white.
Last edited by theunforgivn at Oct 1, 2011,
You're thinking of Little Albert.

And in fact it was the "Little Albert Experiment".
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Isn't that a form of shock therapy? Associate pain with a certain thing, so that they grow to hate it?
I'm guessing this was quite a while ago?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Little Albert. The creepiest shit ever. Little Albert probably had a terrible subsequent life.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by genghisgandhi
The weird part is nobody knows who he is. All his personal stuff was lost in a fire or something.

*slenderman.jpg*

(I would find an actual pic, but his face already haunts my nightmares)
you're a stone fox
Quote by genghisgandhi
The weird part is nobody knows who he is. All his personal stuff was lost in a fire or something.

According to wikipedia, his name was douglas something and he died at 6 years old.
I learned this in psych I and II.

ITS ILLEGAL
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by theunforgivn
And each time that baby touched something white (or something like that) he set off an alarm scaring the child. So eventually the child became afraid of things that are white.

Is it the induction programme for the Black Panther Party?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know