I really wanted to make a hollow and light guitar out of aluminium and I was wondering if it was possible. I was wondering if it would be too weak or easy to dent or anything. Any tips would be useful
it's been done plenty of times. Aluminum is too heavy to do solid body unless it's gonna be one of those behind glass guitars so you'll have to do hollow body
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Yep, several companys specialize in making Aluminum body guitars. I know a guy who has a Fender Strat that is an Aluminum body. I don't know the year, but it was a limited run from 10ish yrs ago.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thin ( >6/7mm) Aluminium can be routed easily like wood if you have good quality tungsten carbide bits.

You could even do just an aluminium top? Semihollow or on a solid body. I'm currently doing the latter as a replica Matt Bellamy DL-1 for a client, and it's something really different

Chur
Hallow body guitar with aliminium? Would be crap. You can make a solid body guitar even with shit, but if you want hallow body you need really good wood.
doesn't Michael Angelo Batio have some guitars that made of fighter jet metal im not sure if it is aluminium or not but apparently its high grade and super light
Hallow body guitar with aliminium? Would be crap. You can make a solid body guitar even with shit, but if you want hallow body you need really good wood.

Sounds like a real expert. I'd say just have a go and see what kind of results you get, I'm guessing you'd be making it from aluminium sheet and TIG welding the joints?

Chur
I have an aluminum les paul made by industrial guitar, its 2 3/8 in a;uminum les paul shapes with a carbon fiber ring seperating them and a carbon fiber center rib to help support and steady the neck. sounds awesome with no amp like a hollow body guitar and amplified its a tone monster I have 2 seymour duncan hums an sh1 in the bridge and an sh8 in the neck with coil tapping and splitting...awesome freakin guitar email me for a pic or check out my pictures on the site I think I have a couple of the aluminum les paul
This is my guitar
There are many like it but this one is mine
My guitar is my best friend it is my life
I must master it as I master my life
My guitar without me is useless
Without my guitar I am useless