I'm looking to buy a new bass, an upgrade from my Squier. It'd be nice if anybody could help me make my decision.

Info that might help
Current amplifier: Fender Rumble 350 (350 watt, transistor amp, 2x12)
How long I've been playing: Almost 2 years
Budget: 930 €
My influences: Steve Harris, Geezer Butler, Cliff Burton, Robert Trujillo & Jason Newstead
Bands I listen primarily to: Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica & Megadeth

So suggest some basses with this in mind, I'm going to browse further but I know there's many good musicians on this site that could lend a helping hand in my search for a new bass.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Go with a Fender Precision. It really is the perfect bass for getting that natural, classic metal sound. Theres a reason Rob Trujillo switched to it.
Quote by Dr. Koolaide
Go with a Fender Precision. It really is the perfect bass for getting that natural, classic metal sound. Theres a reason Rob Trujillo switched to it.

And don't forget Steve Harris I've looked at them in the last couple days, It's one of the options for sure.

Quote by glennick
Rickenbacker?

I'd really like one, but they are very expensive and I didn't get a summer job this year. And I wouldn't want to buy a Rickenbacker copy.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Geezer used a P-bass back in the day. Now he uses a Lakland Bob Glaub sig. (which is basically a really well made P-bass). Get a Fender Mexican Precision (or MIA if you can find one)
They now have a Jazz bass in all black with two precision pickups, that'd give you a huge selection of tones with a thicker start, as well, they are more even than the balance of a P and J bass.
It's certainly worth looking into Maruszczyk basses. Its the bass building company founded by bass player Adrian Maruszczyk and they make handmade basses from Poland.

I've got a Frog model myself, but the Jake-basses seem to be ideal for you.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!