Hello friends

I have recently joined a band and as a result feel it necessary to get my gear up to scratch. Being that I only have a 15w practice amp, naturally I'll need something better, thus I come to you in my hour of need.

I am looking for a good head & cab that would live up to gigging and the like.

Musical style is predominantly metal with rock elements, also a post-hardcore/metalcore style of tone would be ideal. However I would also like a small degree of versatility so nice cleans would be a must also.

I have already been recommended by others to check out the Peavey 6505 head but as far as cabs are concerned I would not know where to begin.

Budget is not a concern however I would prefer to stay below £1000 if possible.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Oct 1, 2011,
The Jet City head is definitely a good suggestion. I would say that the 20 watt version would be enough for you, especially if you are getting a 2x12 or 4x12 cab.
100 watt is higher gain though and you know, you can use the volume knob?

the 20 and 50 watts are great amps, but if I had to use one for br00tz and nice cleans, the 100 with a boost wins every time

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
100 watt is higher gain though and you know, you can use the volume knob?

the 20 and 50 watts are great amps, but if I had to use one for br00tz and nice cleans, the 100 with a boost wins every time

THIS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hughes-And-Kettner-Trilogy-Head-And-Cab-/270823765367?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item3f0e5ab577#ht_774wt_1291

Check this out. i used this amp for a long time. It should do the job perfectly, just get a tube screamer with it
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Quote by Tom 1.0
The 20 and 50 watts are great amps, but if I had to use one for br00tz and nice cleans, the 100 with a boost wins every time
The 50 and 100 don't even need boosts, I usually keep the gain on mine a little lower than 4 and it has more than enough gain for almost every genre of metal and screaming pinch harmonics.

TS: I will also have to recommend a Jet City 100w as it does have plenty of gain for just about everything, and the cleans are very good. Only thing you might not be satisfied with is its voicing; while it does have a shitload of gain, it's voicing is somewhat mid-based (like a Marshall JCM800, but smoother). It's good if you are looking for a different sound than what everyone else already has, but if you'd rather sound like the rest get a 6505. Look up some demos on Youtube and see what you think.