Hey guys I know this isn't the most electronic music oriented site but I figured I'd post this anyways

Just a new track I made a while back and would like to know what you guys think of it!

www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola/rebirth

Thanks

You guys are the best
Last edited by Kakatara at Oct 1, 2011,
Absolutely incredible, loved it from start to finish.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Kakatara,
Intro is nice! Curious what synths you use. At ~1:15 the sound is pumping a bit much for my taste (could be too much compressor for me, unless the synth is just doing that on its own). It's getting a bit repetitive without vocals (before 3:00 & ~4:40 & ~7:20 onward). Nice change after 3:00. The song is quite good, but I would have liked it better if it was shorter. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482474
The synth used throughout is a setting I created with Sytrus in FL Studio laden with reverb and other EQ tweaks.

The pumping is sidechaining, which is used to lower the volume of the synth to help the kick drum hit much stronger.

Thanks for the feedback
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
no the bass is something I created using the 3oscX

and I ripped the drums from the song "Smash the Disco" by Hirshee
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
Not really my thing, but there was a ton of interesting stuff from start to finish. The mix is very good, very evenly lain across, nothing really gets in the way of anything. A tad repetitive at times, but I am thinking this is one of those tracks you sit and just absorb, and kind of ignore time.

Very well produced with a lot of interesting things going, quite good.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Massive sounding track dude! Really liking what I'm hearing

Good beat/progression starting at 1:00 and although I don't know if you'll take this as a compliment or not it sounds very deadmau5-ey! But actually it seems more thoughtful? I'm intrigued to know what synths/vst's you use.

The hi-hat that joins at 2:00 sounds very much like a sample from MUSIC 2000... lower it a tad? Sounds too old-school amongst the modern feel of the piece.

Your synth choices at 3:00 are all perfect, sounds really awesome and spacey - best way I could put it there.

At 6:00, I would suggest keeping a 4-on-the-floor throughout but you filter in the drums as one so that works just as well.

All in all a really strong piece - I'll be favouriting this one!

Want to check out a remix I've done that's not my typical style?:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484920
Ah, progressive house. Gotta love it

No problems with this track. The mix was decent; professional sounding. The development of the song was good, and remained interesting for the full 8:45.

Overall, a really decent track