ive always wanted to play drums but my parents always said it would be too loud(yet i have a peavey xxx half stack)but now i have my friends kit(being as he's at college)and it is now set up in my basement. The kits all beat up to where the rubber things on the tom racks are going over the screw for the drum key to go therefore the rack toms are terribley tuned. Im working on fixing the toms and such and so far have gotten decent tone out of the rest of the kit therefore i am just looking for some advice as to what songs i should start off with. I can play some basic beats and rolls but i think its time to learn actual songs. I am into metal and only have a single peddle for now so any suggestions as to which songs are good to start off with would be great, thanks!

p.s. sorry about the long story leading up to the short question!
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
The only metal (and even then it's not really "metal drumming") songs you could get away with on a single pedal would be Iron Maiden or old school grind like Repulsion where there's no double bass and just single foot blasts. And there's no way you would be able to play either of those things early on.

Just FYI. :P

I'd recommend drumming along to fairly simple stuff, ie. Devin Townsend's more mellow tunes, or even the White Stripes or something, at first.
as far as drumming goes i am still learning but i will hear a beat i like and try to play as close as i can to it, and just move on from there. there are basic beat's lessons all over the internet for generic beats.

also take my advice, get real friendly with a single bass pedal without getting the double to early.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
ya i didnt plan on jumping to double peddle until i got good with one, and the songs dont have to be metal when i play guitar i play metal but i started off learning the offspring and greenday and nirvana because it was just easy stuff and thats basically what im looking to do with drums im just looking for a good starting point thanks for the advice and responses!
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus