I just got a peavey xxx and so far i love it. It's a switch from the peavey 6505+ that i was pretty used to. I thought the heads wouldnt have any real big differences but the peavey xxx is confusing so far for me. I have the send and return fx loops dials turned to 7 because i read from gary holt thats where he suggests and have played with the crunch channel and found a pretty good tone. the ultra channel is giving me a bit of a harder time though because i cant quite find a good lead tone and i know this amp has one. Does any one have any suggestions(so far if i turn the mids up past 9'oclock the amp starts to sound blah)
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
Keep in mind that the amp has an active EQ. Also, give it some time. It takes some people months to dial in an amp the way they love it. These things can take time.

Congrats on the awesome amp though I prefer the aesthetics of the 3120 myself though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ya i took me awhile to get a tone i really loved with my 6505+ i was just looking for a good starting point and ya i like the tacky trucker girls idk what it is i was originally going to get a 3120 a year ago when i got my 6505+ but guitar center didnt have any in stock so i couldnt try it therefore wouldnt buy it(still wish i would have though)i need to swap the xxx's 6l6's with el34's
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
ya i am looking into getting el34's i love gary holt and everything about his tone i got a really nice tone out of my amp today my cab has eminence ax-75 speakers and my other cab has sheffields so im thinking about putting two and two in each cab
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus