I've had this old harmonica in my room for years and I've always wanted to learn how to play it like those blues guys or those dudes in jail that play them like a boss but whenever i try it just sucks. Can somebody give me some tips?

I actually have a lot of little instruments in my room that I don't know how to play, does UG have any ocarina players? I have this really nice ceramic one in my room too.

The only instrument I'm actually good at is guitar and I want to put these other instruments to use and expand my horizons a little.

Oh and if anyone has any weird little instruments in their possesion feel free to discuss them. My friend has this weird flute/keyboard thing that he tries to play whenever we smoke weed in his room.
I want to learn too but I'm not sure where to begin.....
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Incidentally I got one the other day.

I suggest you practice a lot.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Walk in on your wife with another man.
Kill them both.
Go to prison in Louisiana.
Have conversation with the Devil.
Instant harmonica asskickery.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by Holy Katana
Or, alternatively, become John Popper himself.

That sounds better, especially if he just eats John Popper's brain matter and absorbs his harmonica skillz
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I would assume it's just like learning any other instrument - read some stuff, play a bit, figure the rest out
I was in a blues band that sucked because we were all white. You need to be black. That, or do blues stuff. Y'know, ride the boxcars a lot, shoot your old lady down, wake up this morning, that kind of thing.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by purplehaze2242
I actually have a lot of little instruments in my room that I don't know how to play, does UG have any ocarina players? I have this really nice ceramic one in my room too.

Oh and if anyone has any weird little instruments in their possesion feel free to discuss them. My friend has this weird flute/keyboard thing that he tries to play whenever we smoke weed in his room.

I also have an Ocarina >.>
That, and an Irish tin whistle and recorder.
stop making threads
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by UntilISleep
I also have an Ocarina >.>
That, and an Irish tin whistle and recorder.

do you know how to play any of them? I want to learn how to play my ocarina but it's a whole different ballgame than guitar.
Quote by Next Hendrix
Kill them both.

I'm tempted to sig that, it's pretty hilarious
Quote by Next Hendrix
Kill them both.
Last edited by Eweman at Oct 1, 2011,
Quote by purplehaze2242
do you know how to play any of them? I want to learn how to play my ocarina but it's a whole different ballgame than guitar.

I can play them all wellish. Ocarina is pretty different, I've only got a pendant style so I'm pretty limited on what I can play, but it's fun ^^

Just keep at it, it was hard to play guitar at first too.
by all means, go for it
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!