So I hope that the pit is still full of people who play guitars and help me out. So for any of you that have had a guitar for a few years and have grown used to it, parting with it would feel as bad as breaking up with a girlfriend that you've really really cared about. Not just a chick you've been dating for a few months. Well I have had an sg for a few years now and for many years I have wanted to sell it and to try something new. I had a gibson lp and i sold it so I could help my parents out with the mortgage when times were tough. I did enjoy the guitar but looking back i found that it was really heavy but very nice. Now I have had this sg for about 6-7 years and I have come down to wanting to sell it. I have had a few offers but one of them being around $350. But when it comes down to actually selling the guitar I get one of those feelings where I just dont want to part with it cause I get scared that in the future I will regret doing it and miss this guitar greatly. Im 23 so its not like im married to this guitar. I have just been waiting a new thing for a while.

The guitar is great dont get me wrong, it plays and feels wonderful, I just wanted to try something new. My friends and I play all the time and have made a band and we are recording a few songs in a few weeks, but we play metal and I feel like the sg just dont reach the perfect crunch i need. I could swap out pickups but it will just essentially be like your girlfriend who you want to break up with getting a makeover, sure it will be nice for a bit but after a little bit you'll still want to break up with her. I have currently been into the esp ec series because they look very much like lps but only lighter and somewhat thinner necks. What would the pit suggest i do? Dump the bitch and go for a new one? or keep her and love her tender and make her over. And if i do switch what would be a good choice for my style of music within the 500-600 dollar range? that isnt over the top like a dean. I do like teles but ive never tried out a tele with humbuckers.

So many choices pit. Also lets leave amp out of it, i have a blackheart head/cab combo, so it does the trick and I also have a roland cube 30x for practice.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Keep it and get another guitar?

Rock n' Roll has never really been about monogamy.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by High&Mighty
when your rich and famous.

when his rich and famous do what?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
****ing pit, you guys are all trolls. Except for that one guy who posted the butterfree link, cause I like it. I did weep when that happened.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
SGs are great for metal, but what do I know. lol.

If your only gonna get $350 for it, just save up some money and buy a new guitar while keeping the SG. Can't have too many guitars.
...ever heard of Sabbath? just get a better amp that is good for metal and that SG will scream man
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by karandash91
what you really need is a new amp....

Sep 11 dropping this line? FML
Strength Of The Inferno, Mind Of The Heavens, Speed Of The Tempest, Thus, a miracle was born.
http://www.last.fm/user/RobertELeet
Jackson Warrior
Ibanez Artcore AG85
Squire Affinity J-Bass

VIKINGS

UG Black
I have a full cab, it has enough crunch
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
I have a full cab, it has enough crunch

Well since you're doubting yourself about selling it there's a good chance that when (if) you do, you'll probably regret it. Honestly, I'd hold on to it, and buy a completely new guitar that suits your needs more. that way youu always have the SG to fall back on if needed you know?
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Oct 1, 2011,
If you want some actual advice on which guitar to get, go to the electric guitar forum.

If you just want emotional support, this is a good enough place.

I've never sold a single bit of my gear. Some of it's so decrepit that I probably never will.