nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Hello and welcome to the Hardcore forum radio mix for the week of October 2nd!

Here's what to do if you want to participate!

1. Ask for a spot in this thread.
2. Make an account on 8tracks. (You'll be on the site to listen)
3. Make a playlist of music (can be non-hardcore/punk) of at least 8 songs on the site, and please try to keep it not too long, 40 minutes might be where you may want to chop it up a bit.
4. Make the thread when it's your turn!

Chyeeeeeeeah!

This mix goes from near ambient hip-hop to Converge at their chaotic finest and evolves/devolves gradually over the course of the mix. None of the artists are particularly obscure. I might have failed in introducing you to new music, but hopefully I re-introduced you to music you already loved (or perhaps shed a new light on it). I think it flows pretty well to boot.

Party like it's an era with an overwhelming amount of good music

Lazarus Phenomenon - Bike for Three!
Five Fingers - Aesop Rock
Graffiti Wall - D-Sisive/Deadmau5
One2One - Distric One
A Void Transmission - Guyana Punch Line
Inhalent Abuse - HeavyHeavyLowLow
Intro to Photography - Letters in Binary
Thank God For the Worker Bees - Botch
Year of the Swine - Converge

About the songs:

#1) One of my favourite hip-hop tracks of all time. The melody line in the synth is indescribably infectious
#2) Slightly more upbeat hip-hop track with ridiculous flow. Starting to get close to optimal dance tempo
#3) Aww shit yeah. hilariously sardonic, autobiographical hip-hop set to a Deadmau5 beat
#4) Scary, scary dance
#5) WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON
#6) Many parts. Most of them dancey. This band will always be interesting and has completely run the gamut on hardcore and hardcore subgenres
#7) Probably the best cover of an already awesome song I've ever heard. Swing Kids should be proud of this one.
#8) STILL. ****ING. DANCEY. Mawsh is a type of dance, right? Really kicks in at the 1min mark
#9) Fastest 2-Step evar. That is all.

HOPE Y'ALL ENJOY!

Queue:

10/2 - Nash
10/9 - Benjamin Button
10/16 - Kyle
10/23 - Pandy BoBandy
10/30 - Cap'n Mikey
11/6 - Blakey-poo
11/13 - Geoff
11/20 - 12shinn21
11/27 - D-Lo the SCIENCE bro
12/4 - Hayden Panettiere
12/11 - Jedidiah Springfield
12/18 - silly dilly <3
12/25 - Mehtuuuuuuhl
1/1 - DimebagLivesOn
1/8 - aCloudConnected
1/15 - Nash
1/22 - Dylan
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Oct 3, 2011,
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
You know... I was thinking about signing up for this but I'm not for two reasons

- The waiting list is up until January and I'll probably forget by then

- You said none of the artists are really obscure but I still haven't heard of half of them haha. I feel as musically ignorant as they come. It usually happens on most other people's lists too. Probably wouldn't be able to contribute anything anyone hasn't heard before a million times.

EDIT: Good mix, every track was awesome. I liked the first one the best, surprisingly. Thought Converge or Botch would be the one I'd enjoy the most.
Last edited by Dregen at Oct 2, 2011,
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
Yeah so 8Tracks crashes my computer whenever I use it. I won't be submitting a mix for today. Does anyone else have one they want to use? I could just list the tracks I was gonna put on there, but that's kind of time consuming.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
You could list the tracks and someone else could download and upload them . Or skip to kyle?
I'm an asshole.