i like the shape of the SG better, but the Les Paul has more wood to it. i can get either for about the same price (Epi's btw, but i love both i played them at the store)
i'll probably do a pup change but i was just wondering which would be better for a good metal sound (say, Trivium, Metallica, that kinda thing) thanks!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
I like the "bite" of SGs more, but that's just me. Neither of those bands tune down that low, but if you like to cover other metal bands that tune low, you might want a longer scale length.
Quote by griffin888
I like the "bite" of SGs more, but that's just me. Neither of those bands tune down that low, but if you like to cover other metal bands that tune low, you might want a longer scale length.

both of those have the same scale length. Gibsons only variations of scale range are the baritone they just released, and the buckethead models AFAIK.

i like my SG's for metal than my LP's

they have a little more bite in them as griffen said, and just generally sound a little more balsly tone for riffing, more unrefined i guess you could say.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like the Les Paul more for metal and the SG for anything else. Just choose what you prefer.
I can't stand 'em, but for metal, I'd probably go with an SG. Les Paul has more of a rounded, warm tone. Suits rock and blues more. The SG has more of a blunt and to the point tone. Plus, it looks more metal than a Les Paul.
I used to use an SG in my metalcore band, works well! Did the trick anyway, and I've never been a big fan of LP's
i think you should go with the one that feels better to you.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.