i did some triple extention lifts the other day, today i woke up, and bent over, and now my back is in the worst fucking pain i have ever had. it is horrible, i can hardly breath and my muscles constantly contract making whatever i do a living hell...

so pit, what are some shitty horrible things that have happened to you involving exercise? i've had plenty of bad pains but this one takes the cake
Quote by genghisgandhi
Do you normally lift?

And I've been blindsided by a medicine ball. Stay away from Hooverball, kids.

i started this year, i know you'll get sore if you lift hard, but just this is unbelieveably painful compared to most pains i get the day after lifting. it's all muscle though, no joint pain.
i was deadlifting and squeezed out 10 reps and on the 10th i lost my form goin down and did somethin to muscle in my back and i occasionally still hurt it once in awhile if i strain it the wrong way, i couldn't bend down in a squatting or deadlift position for a month or two.
once i was at the gym and the dick next to me didnt lift his weight evenly so the weight slid off the pole thing(i suck at gym lingo) and landed on my foot

almost broke my toe and i had a date with one the girls from the softball team
they were known sluts

but like a man i went on that date and had a great time(till i walked her to her door that was the worst 5 minutes of my life)
Quote by supersac
once i was at the gym and the dick next to me didnt lift his weight evenly so the weight slid off the pole thing(i suck at gym lingo) and landed on my foot

almost broke my toe and i had a date with one the girls from the softball team
they were known sluts

but like a man i went on that date and had a great time(till i walked her to her door that was the worst 5 minutes of my life)

You can still bang sluts with a nearly broken toe! You should've opened up a can of man and hit that.
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
Running down a hill, I tripped over a crack in the sidewalk and sprained my ankle for the third time in just a few months. Which is why I don't run on hills anymore. It happened like 6 years ago but my left ankle is still messed up.

Oh and someone kicked me in the head during a swim meet and I got a concussion.
cat
Never, ever force your muscles on gym. Forcing your body is painful as it also hurts your body then making it better.
TS, drink some coffee. It contains alkaloids that reduce the ache that comes a couple days after excercising. I don't remember where I read it, but it hasn't failed me.
Quote by FicticiousCacti
You can still bang sluts with a nearly broken toe! You should've opened up a can of man and hit that.

who said i didnt ?

high school was fun
Quote by cemges
Never, ever force your muscles on gym. Forcing your body is painful as it also hurts your body then making it better.

but aren't you supposed to go really hard at working out, then when you want to quit, you go the extra mile? that's what i do. i can't function very well after that (im too tired), but it makes me feel good.
plus im really thin and i really want to build body mass and muscle. so i push myself as hard as i can to get as strong as possible. i'm 14, weigh 120lbs and 5'7 so i really want to get bigger, because it feels shitty being thin and ill do anything (other than roids) to get big and strong all around. even if i put myself in pain like this because it's greater in the end
Quote by LolCatGuitar
but aren't you supposed to go really hard at working out, then when you want to quit, you go the extra mile?

Yes, but there's good pain and bad pain. You shouldn't feel sore for a really long time after you work out.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Oct 2, 2011,
Quote by guitarxo
Yes, but there's good pain and bad pain. You shouldn't feel sore for a really long time after you work out.

good pain is all muscle burn and sore muscles right? everyone in my family lifts weights, so it's not like i just picked up a dumbell and started doing random shit with it to make my arms jacked. i know how to lift weights. it's not joint pain i can assure you, i've accidently lifted stuff shitty and it's a sudden pain, not like tense muscles or anything. plus i normally (and the rest of my family) feel bad a day after a hard work out.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
but aren't you supposed to go really hard at working out, then when you want to quit, you go the extra mile? that's what i do. i can't function very well after that (im too tired), but it makes me feel good.

You wanna know how people get hurt bad at gyms? Going too hard. Know your limits and go just a little over, and that should only be the last set or so. Never too much. That's how people rip things and hurt their backs!

plus im really thin and i really want to build body mass and muscle. so i push myself as hard as i can to get as strong as possible. i'm 14, weigh 120lbs and 5'7 so i really want to get bigger, because it feels shitty being thin and ill do anything (other than roids) to get big and strong all around. even if i put myself in pain like this because it's greater in the end

Im 18, 5'7", 145 pounds and I've been called strong by many people. You don't need to be huge. When my dad was 20 he was 5'5", 120 lbs and could bench 270. It's all about how you work out.

And the bolded is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Go read some stuff on how to lift properly as well as the right way to push yourself. Last thing you want is to get ripped muscles, torn ligaments, or a hernia.
Quote by LolCatGuitar

if your so skinny, its better to not totally kill yourself at the gym= your body isnt designed to handle that and you might just be overtraining- advice from a skinny guy who used to do the same thing XD

anyways, muslce soreness is caused by lactic acid, if its so bad you probably pulled something or hurt yourself.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
You wanna know how people get hurt bad at gyms? Going too hard. Know your limits and go just a little over, and that should only be the last set or so. Never too much. That's how people rip things and hurt their backs!

Im 18, 5'7", 145 pounds and I've been called strong by many people. You don't need to be huge. When my dad was 20 he was 5'5", 120 lbs and could bench 270. It's all about how you work out.

And the bolded is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Go read some stuff on how to lift properly as well as the right way to push yourself. Last thing you want is to get ripped muscles, torn ligaments, or a hernia.

whenever i lift or go on runs or stuff like that, i always like to match up to the average or go farther so i don't seem weak, because most of my friends are confident people and have a lot of strength and endurance. and i've always been weak compared to everyone, my brother is 6'1, 160lbs and can bench 300 and can curl 60's, so i've always wanted to get to that point sometime in the future. hah but he's been lifting for like 5-6 years so i know i can't just go from 70-200 in a month or so. i just don't like looking in a mirror and seeing just goddamn boney ribs, i'd rather have some nice muscle there right ?
i basically don't like to be looked down upon as a weaker person. but i won't kill myself knowing i'll pull a muscle, if i do it by accident then damn, but i'd rather force myself to be better than take it more easy and not gain much. but i don't want to be all roid rage bench 500 and think that nobodies better than me.
anyways, you dad is crazy... that's all i have to say
Quote by LolCatGuitar
whenever i lift or go on runs or stuff like that, i always like to match up to the average or go farther so i don't seem weak, because most of my friends are confident people and have a lot of strength and endurance. and i've always been weak compared to everyone, my brother is 6'1, 160lbs and can bench 300 and can curl 60's, so i've always wanted to get to that point sometime in the future. hah but he's been lifting for like 5-6 years so i know i can't just go from 70-200 in a month or so. i just don't like looking in a mirror and seeing just goddamn boney ribs, i'd rather have some nice muscle there right ?
i basically don't like to be looked down upon as a weaker person. but i won't kill myself knowing i'll pull a muscle, if i do it by accident then damn, but i'd rather force myself to be better than take it more easy and not gain much. but i don't want to be all roid rage bench 500 and think that nobodies better than me.
anyways, you dad is crazy... that's all i have to say

It sounds like the first thing you need to do is research. Understand what actually happens when you work out. Once you do that you'll (hopefully) understand why pushing yourself too hard is a bad thing. If that doesn't help, then you need to talk to people who have. I know people who haven't been able to lift a side of a couch because they hurt themselves too much in the gym.

I understand the feeling of being weak compared to everyone else. You need to understand you're not as invincible as you think you are and you can't afford to fuck up your future because of your pride. You'll develop at your own pace, and it may or may not be as fast as you want it to be.

And always remember, there is someone in the same room as you (assuming you're at the gym when you work out) who is weaker than you. What keeps me going is knowing that I was once there, but look how far I've come now!

Oh, and to the bolded... it's about how you work out, not how much you can lift. There's a HUGE difference between being able to bench 300 5 times and being able to do 200 15 times. Different plans have different results; none of them will tell you to push yourself to the point of pain. It should NEVER hurt to lift. If it does, you're doing something wrong. Note that there's a big difference between it being uncomfortable to lift (like on your last set) and it hurting to lift (like your lifting with your back).

EDIT: I don't know why I didn't mention this... You can't MAKE your body get stronger. It will do it at it's own pace irregardless of whether or not you want it to.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Oct 2, 2011,
I have a seriouz condition I got from exersizing. I replace every second s in multiple s words with z's.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^ i am terribad at spelling and to tired to give a damn. also my autocorrect sucks.
It sounds like the first thing you need to do is research. Understand what actually happens when you work out. Once you do that you'll (hopefully) understand why pushing yourself too hard is a bad thing. If that doesn't help, then you need to talk to people who have. I know people who haven't been able to lift a side of a couch because they hurt themselves too much in the gym.

I understand the feeling of being weak compared to everyone else. You need to understand you're not as invincible as you think you are and you can't afford to fuck up your future because of your pride. You'll develop at your own pace, and it may or may not be as fast as you want it to be.

And always remember, there is someone in the same room as you (assuming you're at the gym when you work out) who is weaker than you. What keeps me going is knowing that I was once there, but look how far I've come now!

Oh, and to the bolded... it's about how you work out, not how much you can lift. There's a HUGE difference between being able to bench 300 5 times and being able to do 200 15 times. Different plans have different results; none of them will tell you to push yourself to the point of pain. It should NEVER hurt to lift. If it does, you're doing something wrong. Note that there's a big difference between it being uncomfortable to lift (like on your last set) and it hurting to lift (like your lifting with your back).
well, one thing is that, we have a trainer come in and give us stuff to do in our P.E class, like go and run around the school 4 times. i pace myself and try and go as hard as i can, because i know i can't force myself to run harder, i just run and get tired fast. so by the end my diaphram hurts and my legs are sore and i have a cramp, but 20 mins later i'm fine and i feel like running again. so that stuff doesn't really bring bad pain, good pain.

i know that might sound bad but i don't pull or tear anything or get excessive pain from doing stuff like that, absoulutley no signs that i'm doing it bad, so i don't take it as i'm doing something wrong. however, one time when we had to do 7 7 7's, where we took dumbells a little bit lighter than our weight range. i usually curl 15's so i went to 8's (i know i'm a pussy ) and one kid told me that i'm only a man if i do more than 12, so i just took 15's and did the exercise, where you curl with your arms from all the way down to a 90 degree angle 7 times, hold at 90 for 7 seconds, curl from 90 up 7 times, hold at 90 7 seconds and rest. i did 2 sets of that and i wanted to throw up. but i didn't pull anything or strain anything, just a bit of pain the next day.

also the part about lifting with your back, i make sure that i don't at all. infact, i didn't do anything back related, mostly upper body like pex, biceps and triceps and shoulder muscles (lol i dont know the name) but i have no idea why my back would hurt.
I injured my knees when I first started lifting 3 years ago and they hurt until about half a year ago. I finally took a about a month to heal and rest.

Also your still young you'll fill out eventually. Lifting and eating will help alot though.

I weighed 120 and 6'0 when i was your age.
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but form is VERY important when lifting. Always keep your back straight when lift. I have suffered your pain plenty of times before because I was lifting with my back.