Considering those who support corporations are also the most outspoken supporters of the military, this is awesome
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
The people that support large corporations and the military probably just had their head explode.

Edit: I'm talking specifically about the "Support the troops to defend our corporate American freedom" type of people
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 2, 2011,
Is this supposed to be a joke about the incomprehensible social movement/protest thread posted earlier today?
Quote by slipknot5678
The people that support large corporations and the military probably just had their head explode.

This is great. Military men and women occupy a unique niche in the class system, and it's great to see them siding with the proles.
Hmm
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Oct 2, 2011,
Not THE Marines, but some marines making a personal choice.
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Yeah, this site doesn't look like a sketchy source or anything.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by p_c
Not THE Marines, but some marines making a personal choice.

According to the article: one former former army guy for sure and "maybe 15 of his friends."

It's a giant social movement!!!

edit*
I guess "article" should be in quotations too, I mean in5d doesn't seem like a highly reputable publication.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Oct 2, 2011,
Quote by Dirge Humani
Now what happens to them if the President says "stop that."?

They are protesting as an individual choice.No different to any other occupation protesting The fact that they happen to be marines is just an excuse for reddit to wet itself.
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Quote by p_c
They are protesting as an individual choice.No different to any other occupation protesting The fact that they happen to be marines is just an excuse for reddit to wet itself.

You don't have some "individual choices" as a military member.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by ampoverload

site looks like a 12 year old made it.

What do you expect from someone who probably regularly posts on /b/. Their accumulative IQ isn't that high.

However, slight trolling aside. I hope that these marines at least turn the tides about the protest. Doubtful but just hopeful.

Plus I've always wondered what happens if the governments or Corporations soldiers just say " fuck you" and refused to follow orders and aid the protesters. I doubt the government can do much then.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
What do you expect from someone who probably regularly posts on /b/. Their accumulative IQ isn't that high.

However, slight trolling aside. I hope that these marines at least turn the tides about the protest. Doubtful but just hopeful.

Plus I've always wondered what happens if the governments or Corporations soldiers just say " fuck you" and refused to follow orders and aid the protesters. I doubt the government can do much then.

"u n0 g3t any $$$!"
Yeah, apparently the NYPD arrested like 700 of the protesters earlier today. So much for the Marines.
Quote by Zeletros
"u n0 g3t any $$$!"

Rather useless if the government is over thrown. this isn't on this level, but just wondering. I would imagine if the military refuses to follow the orders than its over for the government. They aren't under any moral code to follow blindly what they're told.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
I can't trust the military, they're all mindless slaves blindly supporting their country. The government probably has some trick up their sleeves on this.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Rather useless if the government is over thrown. this isn't on this level, but just wondering. I would imagine if the military refuses to follow the orders than its over for the government. They aren't under any moral code to follow blindly what they're told.

If there are does who would refuse to follow, there would be those who would naturally follow.

>> Civil war
Quote by Zeletros
If there are does who would refuse to follow, there would be those who would naturally follow.

>> Civil war

Yeah I figured as much, but in a surreal time stream, if say, congress passed a law that made everyone who didn't have at least 1,000,000 in a bank sold into slave labor. I'm sure their would be a unanimous turn in the military. hypothetical I know.
You belong in a museum.

Guys, it's a group of retired veterans, acting as human shields, using their status to deter mace attacks.

The military is NOT engaging the nypd.
If this article was named "Some civilian Marines will be aiding the protesters" than I'd have been impressed.

Fail. Where art thou?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Sketchy source, bro. However, i've seen it on Twitter and on Occupy Wall Streets website. And like other people have noted, they are retired Marines.

Honestly, this has gotten out of hand
Quote by bastards
If this article was named "Some civilian Marines will be aiding the protesters" than I'd have been impressed.

Fail. Where art thou?

Present, sir.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by i_am_teh_walrus
Yeah, apparently the NYPD arrested like 700 of the protesters earlier today. So much for the Marines.

Because JP Morgan gave a generous multi-million donation to the NYPD.

I'm pretty sure there's a fair share of enlisted personnel and lower ranked Officers who don't support Wall Street's crap.
Last edited by CannedBullets at Oct 2, 2011,
Quote by fail
Present, sir.

Just waiting for your presence to accreditize the thread. Begone with you till another, nay!
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
The military isn't "siding" with them, they're just defending the protesters' constitutional rights. Which is their job, really.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by CannedBullets
I'm pretty sure there's a fair share of enlisted personnel and lower ranked Officers who don't support Wall Street's crap.

You're correct. Despite the fact that the individual police officer rarely has any common interests with the ruling class whose property s/he's commissioned to protect, the job itself is inherently working against the vast majority of both documented and transient citizens. What we have in these "occupations" is police officers who are "doing their job," yet they sympathize with, if not boldly support, the protests.

Last edited by due 07 at Oct 2, 2011,
Yeah I meant lower ranked Military Officers but I can see why lower ranked Cops would hate having to do Wall street's dirty work.
Oh, right. Yeah, I'd assume it's the same story for lower ranking military personnel.
"I'm no longer in active duty or in any way contractually indebted to the military. Nor are any of my friends that are joining me.

So a bunch of retired marines who make it clear that they do not see themselves in debt to themilitary are joining the protest?

Oh man, it's going to be a ****ing revolution
RIP Gooze

cats
i thought this was about space marines
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Site is misleading. However, it's still a powerful gesture.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
This is ridiculous. Firstly, they're not marching for anything worthwhile because the economic crisis was caused by stupidity and world events, not malicious intent, and they're doing all they can to fix it. Secondly, these people are being arrested for something - they're blocking traffic (jaywalking is illegal.) Thirdly, if a war veteran commits a crime they can expect to be arrested just as any ordinary citizen would be.