Poll Options
View poll results: Vote
Men are naturally more likely to cheat
16 10%
Women are naturally more likely to cheat
21 13%
People just cheat. No one sex is more likely to do it
100 63%
Men are more likely due to gender roles/double standards/etc.
12 8%
Women are more likely due to gender roles/double standards/etc.
9 6%
Voters: 158.
Page 1 of 3
I've had this discussion with people before. I'm still kind of undecided about it.

I have never cheated on anyone, and neither have any of my guy friends. I have been cheated on once (I was such a dumbass about it, though), and one of my guy friends might have been cheated on. So I personally have probably seen equal adultery among the sexes. Yet, my friends represent an extremely small minority of society, and I've known plenty of people with this mentality, and they probably have it for good reason.

Also, I've seen threads dealing with this topic, so please, no white-knighting through this thread because you've never cheated.
Men are more likely to cheat because they can **** and **** and not get pregnant

/joke

Though men might be slightly ahead of women
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Dem Bitchez can't be trusted. Turn your back for five minutes and they're off sucking some guys knob.
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
Girls are bitches, so i'm going to vote for them whether it's actually true or not.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
with gender roles changing and more women getting education, the amount of women and reported adultery by women is increasing. Also the amount of protection available (male/female condoms) Sponges, morning after pills, abortion, and birth control (which now has to be covered for free under health insurance) really changes the game. But yea pretty much the amount of men and women reporting being cheated on, or cheating is about equal now, even though with women gaining power it might change.
I honestly think our (Western) gender roles instill self-hate and unhealthy mixed messages about the empowerment that can accompany female sexuality in just such a way that women are more likely to cheat.

I'd say the natural tendency comes equally to both sexes, but due to a half-finished sexual revolution that left waaaay too much lacking, many women are left in a spot where they define much of their worth in an ability to attract multiple mates--I mean more liberated than just trying to attract one affluent provider, but still retarded to the point that there's no genuine liberation, just a cycle of shame, self-depreciation, then sexual assertion.

This is strictly anecdotal and related to the type of people I choose to associate with, but I'll say the vast majority if my close male friends have been true to any women they've dated while the vast majority of my close female friends have indulged in some extra-relationship sexual exploits at one time or another. I hang out with many more women than men, but I'm thinking in ratios.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Oct 2, 2011,
2 out of 3 gf of mine cheated...ive never cheated once
alll of my freind have never cheater on their gfs...two of them have been cheated on

its a small sample but from this i take them bitches cant be trusted as far as you can throw them...having said this i fear i am also too trusting
theoretically, men should cheat more. whole spreading the seed instinct.

in all practical consideration, it's even. however in my experience women cheat far more than men. but i know a lot of good dudes.
#DTWD
Let me tell you a few stories of my life real quickly. After my long time Girlfriend died(albeit this was all throughout my middle school years so I don't even know how to feel about this as a relationship) I ended up going through a phase of surrounding myself with woman. I was still a virgin at this point however but nonetheless I kept a lot of female company. I did not however have a girlfriend.
Now fast forward a year and I finally start dating again. I end up dating a girl for two years, my sophomore and junior year of high school respectably, she cheats on me not once, but three times. She did however always come back to me crying and sobbing and stupidly I took her back. Finally I kicked her out of my life for good that summer.
Why do I bring up these two stories though? How are they relavent? It's simple really. When men find themselves lonely, they either A). Go to their girlfriend for attention and romance or B). Get the attention of any woman willing that they find attractive. Woman however are different. If a woman is feeling lonely, or isn't feeling special by the man in their life, they won't do the sensible thing and tell him how she's feeling or break up with him, she'll find another man on the side to give her the attention. This allows her the security of her boyfriend/husband along with the attention of the man she is having an affair with.
It sucks, but yeah Woman are just more likely to cheat.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I'd say men probably get the urge to cheat more often but it takes less work for women to cheat just because of gender roles so it roughly evens out from what I've seen.
Quote by StewieSwan
I despise this guy, but he's right in so many places.

Agreed. He's an ass... but I've seen this work before, and I hate it.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
I honestly feel it is even I know people of both genders that have cheated.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by genghisgandhi
Yes.

*pic*

That's nice. If anything I don't trust pricks who think like this.

I fucking hate being a woman
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by captaincrunk
I don't sleep with women who would want to sleep with me.

>.>

<.<

raep
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
I think just about anyone will do whatever they're pretty sure they can get away with, male or female.
Quote by due 07
Sorry to interrupt The Pit's usual conglomeration of jealousy, sexism, ignorance and numerous other assorted folkways, but there have been numerous studies done on this very topic.

http://www.mv.helsinki.fi/home/haavioma/artik-pdf/atkins_etal2001.pdf

However, among people with relatively unrestricted sociosexual orientation, the asymmetry is more or less eliminated.

NO NOT FACTS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
NO NOT FACTS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/thepit
Quote by due 07
Sorry to interrupt The Pit's usual conglomeration of jealousy, sexism, ignorance and numerous other assorted folkways, but there have been numerous studies done on this very topic.

http://www.mv.helsinki.fi/home/haavioma/artik-pdf/atkins_etal2001.pdf

However, among people with relatively unrestricted sociosexual orientation, the asymmetry is more or less eliminated.

I think the thread was about adultery but the discussion was about cheating in a relationship, not necessarily marriage.
Yeah, and chicks lie so that graph can't be trusted.

I've been around a while and had some good and bad relationships. I can add that it doesn't matter how long you've been in a relationship with a girl that matters. What matters is how secure/insecure she is and if she has issues.

Bi-polar, daddy issues, abuse issues... those are the ones that cheat. Every time.

The more normal they are the less the chance of cheating. Fact.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Men are naturally more likely to cheat 6 11.11%
Women are naturally more likely to cheat 14 25.93%

Hmm, interesting results
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Clearly the gender which I am not a part of is more likely to cheat.

But seriously, going by age groups, it's probably more likely that younger women cheat, since it's usually easier for them to find sexual partners, but for people in their mid-30's or older, it's probably more likely for men to cheat, for the same reason.

Screw your facts and studies, I bring logic.
Quote by mystical_1

Bi-polar, daddy issues, abuse issues... those are the ones that cheat. Every time.

Yay. Why didn't I read this before I got together with a bi-polar crazy girl?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Men are more likely to cheat
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by CoreysMonster
But seriously, going by age groups, it's probably more likely that younger women cheat, since it's usually easier for them to find sexual partners, but for people in their mid-30's or older, it's probably more likely for men to cheat, for the same reason.

Screw your facts and studies, I bring logic.

I think it usually comes down to who is hornier.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
I think it usually comes down to who is hornier.

Usually the ones who aren't getting any, so young males and older women
I've had one girl I know for a fact cheat on me, then she cheated on him with me, then we never talked to each other again.

Another supposedly cheated on me, according to her schizo-paranoid babies daddy

Inb4 take it to the hug thread, bitches will cheat. Especially those bi-polar, daddy issues, I'm-going-into-the-marines chicks. I wish they would tick me off my radar but DAMN they are fine as hell in the sack
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Oct 2, 2011,
lol @ the 16 teenage boys who have had their hearts broken and now aimlessly lash out.

Men are slightly more likely to cheat. That's based off statistics rather than guesswork/assumptions. I wouldn't say they were naturally inclined to do so because it's almost impossible to tell what's natural and what's social conditioning.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
lol @ the 16 teenage boys who have had their hearts broken and now aimlessly lash out.

Men are slightly more likely to cheat. That's based off statistics rather than guesswork/assumptions. I wouldn't say they were naturally inclined to do so because it's almost impossible to tell what's natural and what's social conditioning.

I beg to differ, god. You'd be amazed at how attracted women are to money, in fact the first girl I mentioned got after me a week before I started pulling in 350/week (east coast and rural), and presumptuously ditched me soon after I was laid off. When I had a car is when most girls were trying to get me. When I was hanging out with rich kids and doing rich kid things is when women were taking notice again. Women are so attracted by material objects, I might as well just go into Super Saiyan mode because they're all just moths to lights... Green, thin, paper lights.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Page 1 of 3