Hey I was wondering if anyone might know how to help. I play my guitar pretty much all day everyday, and the first joint on my index finger that I use to hold a pick has started feeling weak like it might give out, and I have to stop and stretch it out far too often. I currently use Dunlop jazz picks (black) and recently went down from 1.14 to .73. This took a little pressure off of the finger, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a pick that might take even more pressure off of my index finger.
Thanks ahead of time!
I don't think any type of pick would relieve the pressure off of your finger. It's the way you hold the pick that's most likely the problem. Try holding the pick with all of your fingers supporting each other, almost like a fist. It should hopefully even out the pressure.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
from my experience with extremely thick picks (2.75-4.5mm) from V-picks (hope this dont sound too much liek a sales pitch), the thicker the pick does let your hand relax a bit more.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
i think your holding th epick way too tight there buddy
loosen it up a bit or maybe take a break from the guitar for w hile you do not want to permanently damage something
Yeah you're holding it too tight. I think .73's don't even classify as heavy. I think they're meds or something, but i could be wrong.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
Quote by EspTro
from my experience with extremely thick picks (2.75-4.5mm) from V-picks (hope this dont sound too much liek a sales pitch), the thicker the pick does let your hand relax a bit more.

Thanks for the replys everyone! So your idea would be, instead of going to a smaller gauge, go bigger? are the V picks really worth it? with shipping 7.00 to try one when i could get 12 picks for 4.00 is hard to deal with!
+1 to the V-Pick. It may not give you the tone and string control you want, though. It is as thick as the proverbial brick. You could always try a thumbpick. You'd scarcely need your index finger with one of those.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
if you grip is correct then yea, go for v picks. i just spent on the dimension unbuffed 4.5 mm pick and i would say its worth it considering it takes forever to wear out.

*EDIT* and responding ot the dude above me, if gives amazing tone and accuracy because the tip is shaved down so the strings just roll off the pick. basically your holding 4.5mm but the string is making contact with like 1mm
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Oct 2, 2011,