you may need to elaborate. What do you mean by "odd"?

My fuzz factory, Phase 90, Whammy, and my various delays are each big parts of my sound, but they're not really "odd".
I use a Woolly Mammoth bass fuzz on my guitar

It generates the craziest signal (chords for example sond like sh*t, but then again it's made for bass so...) and like the Fuzz Factory (also by Z.Vex) you can create some pretty horrid Nintendo chiptune earf*ck noises by cranking up the gain and tinkering with the attack (or "pinch" in this case), but with the knobs in a more neutral position this pedal is surprisingly musical. Sure, there are pedals I use a lot more like my delay and OD, but none of 'em sound as unique as this baby

Oh, and it sounds especially sweet if you kick in some OD/distortion as well

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Oct 2, 2011,
^I like the wooly mammoth, but it gates too hard IMO. Much better on bass. The bass player in my band makes a pedal based on the wooly mammoth and a Sovtek Big Muff but higher gain, and he calls it "The Angry Narwhal". It goes absolutely awesome on bass, but its shit on guitar.
Clean boost. I like the Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso. It's like oxytocin for your tone.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by SG310user
Clean boost. I like the Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso. It's like oxytocin for your tone.

agreed.

somehow just using a simple clean boost at unity gain can make up for a lot of the clarity that is otherwise lost due to the cable, pedal buffers etc.

but really this is a very vague thread. TS, in what way do you want to "enhance" your tone?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.