I would appreciate some input on this idea:

Buying a Line 6 Pocket Pod for bedroom practice and skill development; no amp, just plugging in a pair of earphones and practicing. If someone wants to listen in, I can just take a line out into any speaker/PA. Decent thrash distortion is all that I am after at this point.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I don't want to get an amp now as there is no need for it.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Last edited by breakstuff at Oct 2, 2011,
If your speakers are powered then yes, you can run the line out on the Pod into the speakers. The Pod itself doesn't have enough power to run a set of speakers, but as long as they have their own power source it'll be fine.

If it's just something you wanna run with headphones at home, yeah why not? But save up for a Pod HD, tonality wise it'll mop the floor with the Pocket Pod and you'll have much more fun with it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
If your speakers are powered then yes, you can run the line out on the Pod into the speakers. The Pod itself doesn't have enough power to run a set of speakers, but as long as they have their own power source it'll be fine.

If it's just something you wanna run with headphones at home, yeah why not? But save up for a Pod HD, tonality wise it'll mop the floor with the Pocket Pod and you'll have much more fun with it.

Great, thanks.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join