Hi guys,

I need some opinions, as always im gonna stab my savings and buy me a nice toy...
after months of careful consideration it all comes down to a Jem 505 (original Edge tremolo, Jem7v neck(without floral patterns)) or an Rg3250 or 3550.

I want versatility and both guitars are really really similar, the main difference is the neck, and although i have tried them both and the neck defiently feels different i cant friggin tell what would be "better" since both feel awesome to my left hand.

My question is:
What are your experiences with Wizard III necks and Jem necks ?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Edit: I plan to swap the Jem Pickups and put some Paf Pros in there, so ingore the PUPS.
The neck on the jem feels awesome in its own unique magical way.. i cant explain why.. i guess its because it is a little bigger, i can see myself definetly buying both guitars on the a somewhat distant future, but right now i can only choose one...

Also: The price is the same (around 1500 euros) the jem would be more expensive since ill be swapping the PUS.. however i might be able to get one that was returned for around 500 eur less

Regarding Tremolos, i honestly have little experience but have read from players that have owned many RGS and JEMS for around 10 years that the Edges on the Jems are the best Tremolos Ibanez has to offer and one of the best tremolos on the market..
Last edited by Slashiepie at Oct 5, 2011,
the 3550/3520 have super wizard necks, and are slightly thinner than the JEM neck, I think this boils down to the trems, Edge vs. Edge zero
plus much better pickups on the RGs, coz the v8/s1/v7 set on the JEM can't compare with Real dimarzios
Well, I think that JEM has slightly better neck than the one on RGs.. At least to my hand. It's true that the RGs might have better pickups.. But that is just an upgrade question. I'd go for the one that has a better feel. I don't know what they did to the old affordable JEM, it had Dimarzio Evolution pickups..
But if the feel is the same to you.. Or you like both, then I'd go for the RG.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
Well, I think that JEM has slightly better neck than the one on RGs.. At least to my hand. It's true that the RGs might have better pickups.. But that is just an upgrade question. I'd go for the one that has a better feel. I don't know what they did to the old affordable JEM, it had Dimarzio Evolution pickups..
But if the feel is the same to you.. Or you like both, then I'd go for the RG.

Yeah i feel like those V Pickups do not belong in a Prestige Jem, i guessed they did it on purpouse because if they included Dimarzios this guitar would be a way too powerful hybrid with the best qualities of the most expensive Jems and Rgs .

That Jem has a magical neck, i swear..
Last edited by Slashiepie at Oct 2, 2011,
I have own the RG3250 but with the maple neck and it's my best playing guitar. I bought it for the sole purpose of having a versatile instrument to record in my studio with and it does that amazingly.

The Edge Zero trem is simply amazing, I was extremely skeptical not being a fan of Double Locking Tremolos in the first place but I gave it a shot. It's extremely cool and has amazing tuning stability, I'm in the process of blocking mine since I have no use for the tremolo itself. I will be using it to go from a C#, to Drop B most likely and I'd rather not have to fight against a tremolo I'm not going to use.

But overall the Edge Zero is great, if you want to use it, you can depend on it.

And on the pickups, you're getting probably the hottest set of pickups out there. The harmonics simply fly off of that guitar, no kidding I can easily get harmonics off of even the high E string.

The guitar itself is truly beautiful I bought mine from Rich on Ibanezrules.com
this is the exact one
http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/used_index/rg3250mzfob/

I've played Jems before, and I didn't really feel "attached" to it. It played great, but it felt too sleek I get the same feeling whenever I play an S series. It simply feels too sleek. The RG on the other hand has a sense of ruggedness to it, and it a bit heavier so I enjoyed that a lot. And the maple neck was a must for me, and Rich helped me find one of the few Ibby's that actually still had one

Let me know if you want to hear the RG3250MZ to get a taste of it's tones I'll make a video!
Guitars
Musicman BFR JP12
Ibanez RGA121 (Employee Custom)
Ibanez Premium RG927QM
LTD Purple H-1001
Yamaha NTX700
Last edited by Kenji20022 at Oct 2, 2011,
RG3270.

Comes with the PAF Pros and doesnt have the monkey grip....

I really like the Original Edge, but to be fair the Edge Pro is awesome too, though I find it to be slightly less responsive than the Original.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
And on the pickups, you're getting probably the hottest set of pickups out there. The harmonics simply fly off of that guitar, no kidding I can easily get harmonics off of even the high E string.

Sorry, I lol'd. Tone Zone isn't even close to the hottest, although it has great harmonic response and I think its a great pup.
Well compared to what I've played, I should have said "one of the". But it really is a nice pickup, certainly better than the V series.
Guitars
Musicman BFR JP12
Ibanez RGA121 (Employee Custom)
Ibanez Premium RG927QM
LTD Purple H-1001
Yamaha NTX700
Quote by Kenji20022
I have own the RG3250 but with the maple neck and it's my best playing guitar. I bought it for the sole purpose of having a versatile instrument to record in my studio with and it does that amazingly.

The Edge Zero trem is simply amazing, I was extremely skeptical not being a fan of Double Locking Tremolos in the first place but I gave it a shot. It's extremely cool and has amazing tuning stability, I'm in the process of blocking mine since I have no use for the tremolo itself. I will be using it to go from a C#, to Drop B most likely and I'd rather not have to fight against a tremolo I'm not going to use.

But overall the Edge Zero is great, if you want to use it, you can depend on it.

The guitar itself is truly beautiful I bought mine from Rich on Ibanezrules.com
this is the exact one
http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/used_index/rg3250mzfob/

I've played Jems before, and I didn't really feel "attached" to it. It played great, but it felt too sleek I get the same feeling whenever I play an S series. It simply feels too sleek. The RG on the other hand has a sense of ruggedness to it, and it a bit heavier so I enjoyed that a lot. And the maple neck was a must for me, and Rich helped me find one of the few Ibby's that actually still had one

Let me know if you want to hear the RG3250MZ to get a taste of it's tones I'll make a video!

Oi man! thats exactly the same color i was considering!!!

however something made my decision easier:tapping on the jem´s neck is a breeze, at first it is a weird neck, but after 40 mins of trolling the store i felt in love with it... the deal killer was that i got it for 500 eur less, which means i can pick any pickups i want .

Im not in this one for the looks and i actually kinda like the monkey grip (kinda gives the guitar a weird cool tough), i find the RG looks sexier than the Jem nevertheless.

Anyways! I am very interested in listening to the Dimarzio Single Coil Pickup on your RG because thats the first thing im gonna be ripping out, looking forward to listening to your baby in action

Thanks for all the advice guys!!!
Last edited by Slashiepie at Oct 5, 2011,
All Ibanez are the same to me.

-trollface.jpg-

Okay, not really. They're actually a really versatile company, but the only reason I can tell a JEM apart from an RG is the monkey grip and the tree of life inlay.