Well, the title should explain everything.

Currently own a 6 string and I'm beyond happy with it though I'm willing to go for a fretless now after trying one out (only a 4 string). But I don't seem to be able to find a 6 string fretless which isn't either top notch quality or going into the grands in price.

I'm willing to pay up to £700 roughly once I sell both of my 5 strings, what can you people recommend?

Thankyou.

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
I would defret if I could find somewhere good to send it off to. Don't trust ANY local places at the moment, or anywhere in England for that matter. I've heard about the Brice but a lot of people seem to knock on it for it's choice of wood and as you stated; pickups.

Is defretting safe?

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
De-fretting is safe if it is done properly. Sadly, the fretless six-string bass is a specialty instrument and most of them are pricey. Also, a lot of them might be even more expensive in the U.K. F-Bass makes some of the best; particularly the Alain Caron model. But you won't find one for 700GBP.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley