Hey,

My 6505+ 112 has begun to sound pretty bad, really thin and fuzzy, like a 10W beginner amp. Sometimes it will sound fine but only for a few minutes before this horrible tone takes over. Could it be one of the tubes going? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Your problem sounds pretty extreme for 12Ax7, but you can test it fairly easily by swapping them around and seeing what difference that makes.

6L6 problems often entail volume loss and squeeling (micophonic). More difficult to really test, as you need to bias the amp for new power tubes (unless it is set or self biasing). You can tap them with a pencil while the amp is on to see if they're microphonic. Otherwise, volume loss = bad power tube(s)
WTLTL 2011
The volume seems to respond normally, it's just the quality of the sound. I'll try tapping the tubes and see if they are microphonic...
No, should I just simply rearrange them or do I need to bring in a new one and swap it out with the others?
The V30 speaker had fallen from its mounting screws, I simply fully took it out, put it back, screwed it in, and reconnected it back up and the amp sounds great again.

Thanks for the help.
Quote by Mortal_Punk666
The V30 speaker had fallen from its mounting screws, I simply fully took it out, put it back, screwed it in, and reconnected it back up and the amp sounds great again.

Thanks for the help.

Problem solved, although not exactly the way I expected
WTLTL 2011