Ok so I'm having some problems with feedback . I usually play with higher gain , since I'm a metal head , Machine Head , Children of Bodom , that stuff... I've got an ESP LTD KH 602 , a Marshall JVM 205 Fullstack , a nice little MXR Zakk Wylde OD , MXR Compressor and a lame Behringer ( yeah, I know ) noise reducer that takes out some of the hiss and such .
I mess around with the settings , but when on higher gain or higher output it starts to feedback , to scream ...
So , would buying a better noise reducer or noise gate fix this ? What could I do to not affect the tone and reduce the noise ?
( Not that good at this , so pardon me for my lack of knowledge )
Get some low noise preamp tubes, don't go nuts on the gain, and replace the behringer with an ISP decimator.

That'll do it

*edit*

Maybe one of the powertubes is microphonic. Is this a recent thing?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Get some low noise preamp tubes, don't go nuts on the gain, and replace the behringer with an ISP decimator.

That'll do it

*edit*

Maybe one of the powertubes is microphonic. Is this a recent thing?

G-String is what I'd go with. gets rid of feedback, AND the hiss and hum of the guitar
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
lots of gain creats feedback and muddy tone. I always had my gain cranked for years and after I started paying attention to the gain, I use less and get a better, heavier, crisper sound, with hardly any feedback at all. And I don't even need a noise gate now.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate