Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows of an instructional site that helps master the guitar with lessons in order and whatnot. Almost like a for dummies book but free and for more experienced players. As of now I know my way around the fretboard well will scales, chords, and notes. But I am not very good at improvising, legatos, tapping, soloing, and speed.
Thanks for the help!
Quote by manny12
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows of an instructional site that helps master the guitar with lessons in order and whatnot. Almost like a for dummies book but free and for more experienced players. As of now I know my way around the fretboard well will scales, chords, and notes. But I am not very good at improvising, legatos, tapping, soloing, and speed.
Thanks for the help!

i think i found your problem ^^

anyway, I don't know any website that would cover all your requirements. To help at least a bit: since you seem to know what gives you trouble, it shouldn't be a problem to make some more or less simple exercises that would cover your problematic areas (different legato/tapping runs, etc). Speed wise....speed comes with technique, you can't really practice 'speed'. Get better at technique and indirectly you'll be able to play faster (also the classical 'start at lower speeds and gradually increase the speed of what you're playing' applies). Soloing/improvising: learn some new licks, jam with other people, try listening/playing some completely different genre than you currently play (e.g. jazz or classical music) to get some new ideas.
have a look around justinguitar.com, it has a lot of stuff for 'dummies' but there is harder stuff it there too