Hey, ive been listening to a lot of scale the summit recently and a lot of prog bands which gave me the urge to write some stuff along the lines of prog. Its not the best song but i'm new to writing music and was just experimenting with some time signatures that are unfamiliar to me so go easy on me
Attachments:
Prog riff.gp5
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
There were some pretty cKy-esque parts in there that sounded really good, and the off-kilter time signatures and strange chords were, for the most part, tastefully used.

But that one riff, where a chord would hold out, and you'd chug on the root note for a bit, was really bad. The thing about chugging riffs like that is that they're easy. They're easy to make really generic and boring, and trying to hard to make them interesting or proggy tends to result in really unexciting riffs.

Overall I'd give it a positive review though.
Thanks for the feedback, i know what riff you are talking about, i was attempting to create some sort weird rhythm by palm muting the root of each chord which failed. The only reason i kept it is because of the guitars in the background that are panned that sustain the first chord of each bar. But i can see where you are coming from, it does sound generic XD
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
I thought it sounded pretty cool. I liked the panned guitars, it gave it a really cool harmony. I liked the power chord buildup in the beginning, that sounded awesome and the riff was pretty cool, but you should think of some changes for it, because it was pretty much the same rhythm all the way through and it got a little stale towards the end. I wouldn't really call this prog though, it sounds like some form of metal to me. Maybe you were referring to prog metal, but when I think of prog my mind instantly goes to rock for some reason haha

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483927