So my band played a show a couple of weeks ago and I'm trying to get an opinion on it from people I don't know. So I thought I'd ask the internet. So have at it, guys.

Here's the first two songs from our set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYOJSTFu-4Q&feature=related

And the others are located in the sidebar and stuff.

Thanks, UG!
Last edited by Wrst_Plyr_Evr at Oct 2, 2011,
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
So my band played a show a couple of weeks ago and I'm trying to get an opinion on it from people I don't know. So I thought I'd ask the internet. So have at it, guys.

Here's the first two songs from our set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYOJSTFu-4Q&feature=related

And the others are located in the sidebar and stuff.

Thanks, UG!

Not the highest quality recording, but you guys are pretty tight! The guitar volumes could be adjusted a little; when the guitarist with the les paul takes a solo you can hardly hear the other guy, he should turn up. But aside from that, your balance seems pretty good. Do you guys have a facebook? I love supporting other ska bands!
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
You should mention the genre you play in title or thread post.
Or else close-minded people might hate on it.
Just saying.
^This. also, what I said about the guitar solo is also true in the second song.
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
Quote by punkrock4all
Not the highest quality recording, but you guys are pretty tight! The guitar volumes could be adjusted a little; when the guitarist with the les paul takes a solo you can hardly hear the other guy, he should turn up. But aside from that, your balance seems pretty good. Do you guys have a facebook? I love supporting other ska bands!

Sure do, sir! you can find us at www.facebook.com/fortherecord559.
Not really that into ska so I'm just gonna stick to the stage show.

The only real gripe I have is that with bands that big, it's hard to find room to do anything - you have half the stage taken up by people who can't move because they have to play their brass, and another group who barely has any space. What usually happens is that the horns are moved to the back nearer to the drummer, but I don't know if you guys want to do that or not.
Quote by Cowless
Not really that into ska so I'm just gonna stick to the stage show.

The only real gripe I have is that with bands that big, it's hard to find room to do anything - you have half the stage taken up by people who can't move because they have to play their brass, and another group who barely has any space. What usually happens is that the horns are moved to the back nearer to the drummer, but I don't know if you guys want to do that or not.

Thanks for the input, dude. I'll keep it in mind.
The transitions between chorus' and verses aren't very tight - lots of catching up within in the band. The guitar problem is due to the massive difference in levels between channels. Does the les paul dude use a solo boost by any chance? If so he should set the boost at somewhere between 5%-10% higher than his standard channel, and no more. Guitar solos are meant to be in the forefront of the mix, but not so loud it drowns everything else out.

But that said, it's a first gig, and they never go smoothly. Sounds good so far and I bet you'll sound awesome in a couple of months.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
The transitions between chorus' and verses aren't very tight - lots of catching up within in the band. The guitar problem is due to the massive difference in levels between channels. Does the les paul dude use a solo boost by any chance? If so he should set the boost at somewhere between 5%-10% higher than his standard channel, and no more. Guitar solos are meant to be in the forefront of the mix, but not so loud it drowns everything else out.

But that said, it's a first gig, and they never go smoothly. Sounds good so far and I bet you'll sound awesome in a couple of months.

Our second show, actually. And come practice time, we get everything spot on but for whatever reason we were really off our game that night.

And I'm Les Paul guy. And that's just straight distortion from the Deville.
I'm gonna be very minimalistic here:

sounds fun as hell
I'd dance to it
I love ska music <3
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
that was pretty good! The only thing is that I think the stage was friggin full! If only 1 trumpet player would remain from the trumpet guys + epic sax guy. That would be a neat package. Music-wise, it was great!
something was off in the intonation of the sax/brass, also both the soloists kinda need to work on tone and phrasing, the solos kinda just seemed to take up time rather than to continue the musical singing quality (sorta like peter tosh's work in the wailers). The singing's good, maybe a little out of key in some areas, but thats the kinda thing that evens itself out as you get your voice used to singing. Drummers pretty awesome, wish I could hear that bass tho

Great second show tho, better than some other people's