I'm thinking of buying a Korg ax3000G.

My amp is a roland cube 30x, and i use a vintage v100 guitar. Several topics state that a cube 30x and the Korg won't sound good or is useless since both are modeling.

I'm pretty new in these terms and don't know what to do. Does anyone of you have experience with a cube 30x in combination with a korg and how did it sound?

thanks!
I have a cube 15x and my rp sounds fine through it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Its not about how it sounds so much... its just redundant buying a mfx pedal for a modeling amp. Especially since the korg is pretty meh, so it wouldnt really be worth keeping till you got a better amp, and it doesnt really sound any better than the cube in the first place.

If theres a specific effect you want just buy the individual pedal from EHX, digitech hardwire, dunlop/mxr/cae/way huge, they'll all sound better than anything ive heard from korg.
I have a Korg AX3000G and it's amazing. Paid 175€ new and it sounds equal if not better than my old Boss GT-10 (380&euro. Go for it! Just make sure you are using it on the clean channel of the Cube, it will work fine.
Quote by kutless999
I have a cube 15x and my rp sounds fine through it.
Are you using the aux in or into the front?
Both sound fine although whenever I use the amp/direct switch and put it to "amp" the high gain tones become very fizzy. So normally I just use the direct setting on the switch.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food