neither.
If you really want a modeling amp get a peavey Vypyr.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Quote by will42
neither.
If you really want a modeling amp get a peavey Vypyr.

this
do you want poisoned spikes in your toilet paper or would you prefer the cheese grater approach?

same deal.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The line 6 is the better of two not so great worlds.
Dude, where's my band?
and if you have a vypyr why do you want a different amp?
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf

I'm looking at a million different amps and trying to narrow it down thats all. geez
apparently these two are crossed off the list..
I'll just get a bigger watt of my vypyr.
why don't you try moving beyond modeling amps?
if you tell us a budget. your current gear playing style and what you'd be using it for we can help in an amp search.
Strauss!

Quote by AeolianWolf

true..
I don't have a budget haha:p I'm trying to get stuff good enough so I don't have to keep upgrading..

Current gear :
guitars
my first guitar was a squier.. its pretty lame.
so I got the Esp ltd mh 350nt
and I pretty much just kept my friends guitar he left at my house.. I have no idea what it is.

my amp is a peavey vypyr but only a 30w and not loud enough for live..

I'd be using it for live. proably not practice cause my vypyr 30w works well with our band practices so far..

I mainly play metalcore/post-hardcore. my playing style is similar to the bands like The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, Eyes Set to Kill, Attack Attack, and Woe is Me
Contrary to popular belief a 30w Vypyr is more than loud enough for live. I'd know, my 75 was loud enough for a large cafeteria at about 3.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the line 6 is the lesser of the two evils as you can get more than "dull clean" and "C-C-C-CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!1!!!!11!1one" out of it.

however budget etc and there's better out there.
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
But yeah for what you're looking to play in that price range I'd DEFINITELY go for a good tube amp, either a used Peavey Triple XXX/JSX 2x12 combo or a used Peavey 5150 or 6505 (same amp) 2x12 combo.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by XxKillerKellxX
I have a peavey vypry already.

don't buy anything then.

EDIT: oh ok i see the problem now, you have a lower wattage vypyr

Yeah i mean both the marshall and line 6 are probably a downgrade from what you already have, just louder. i'm guessing you don't want to buy a higher wattage vypyr, so maybe a cube 60/80 or vox valvetronix?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 2, 2011,
+1 on the used jsx/xxx/ultra plus combo.

if you want to go with new only, vypyr 60 would be my pick.

a 30 watt SS amp is pushing it for keeping up with drums and being heard over any distance.

if you are always mic'ing at gigs, it should work.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 2, 2011,
the MG is better of the two, but I wouldnt buy one again

Gregs is spot on as is everybody else!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
oh yeah if you can get up to tube then do that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
can't you just mic up your current amp?
what's the difference between a drug dealer and a prostitute?

a drug dealer can't wash his crack and sell it again