Like at the end of songs how some bands do it, sorta like this smashing pumpkins video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ekEHp-dNI

it starts at like 3:40ish

My current gear is:
Fender mustang with some humbucker in the bridge (soon to be p90) and lace silver
Laney GC 50
Big Muff Pi Russia
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech Bad Monkey

I can't really experiment too much since amps aren't allowed in the dorms at my school, but my RA said it's fine as long as I don't play too loud/too excessively.

thanks!
you need to play really loud and usually get close to the speakers
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
The Boss Super Feedbacker & Distortion (DF-2) simulates feedback (or something like that) but IMO doesn't sound all that awesome, but for your purposes, it sounds about perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4F6pjX8BM
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
sustainer pickup maybe? at low volume it's gonna be difficult to get natural feedback
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lots of gain and single coil pickups?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
In order to get feedback with the amp volume at a moderate level you'll have to compensate by cranking up the gain knob on your OD while sitting really close to the amp, so first dial the "level" knob on the bad monkey all the way back and max out the "gain" level, then start turning the level knob back up as much as the people at your school will allow you

It's often hard to achieve some nasty-ass feedback under normal circumstances if your output is too low (not being allowed to play too loudly, having a guitar with single coils and using a Tube Screamer-type pedal isn't helping) but combining effects will often do the trick: if your gain channel doesn't cut it just kick in the OD as well. After that it's just a matter of finding the right spot in front of your amp's speaker

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Oct 2, 2011,
yeah, turn on the big muff and hold your guitar up to the amp. and i mean have the big muff with volume and sustain at max. tom morello did that in sleep now in the fire, but using amp distortion. as far as the big muff, alot of white stripes songs show what that feedback with the big muff can make. think dead leaves and the dirty ground intro. you might as well turn on the bad monkey if you don't want to wait for the feedback to kick in. more distortion makes the feedback begin sooner. also, since the mustang doesn't have a trem, just bending and yanking at the neck can also get the feedback going. hope this helps