I have fairly fat fingers so when i go to play like A minor or E minor i use my ring finger to push down both the strings for E minor and for both the strings on the second fret for A minor.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
In my opinion you should really try using your ring and middle finger to push down on the strings to avoid developping that tick to play all chords.
You're using your body as an excuse for sucking at guitar. Practice more and get your technique right.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It's fine dude. As long as you're not muffling the other open strings then it's fine. Was that link helpful at all in your other thread?
Quote by mdc
It's fine dude. As long as you're not muffling the other open strings then it's fine. Was that link helpful at all in your other thread?

Yea joe satriani is a legend, i just need to learn to read music.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
I say use 2 separate fingers. Say if you wanted to slip in a Sus2 chord, and then resolve it, it would awkward when fretting your way.

Also, I think it could make some chord changes harder. Say your switching from Am to C major, if you use 2 separate fingers you only have to move one finger to make that chord changed, but with your finger it is completely different.
Quote by Cloudkicker
Yea joe satriani is a legend, i just need to learn to read music.

You can learn the exercises on that site from the tab. You don't have to read music. I do recommend it though in your studying.
Last edited by mdc at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You're using your body as an excuse for sucking at guitar. Practice more and get your technique right.

Amen, listen to him
other people are just telling you what you want to hear.
On reflection, I would recommend learning the right way. With practice your fingers will become very accurate.

Also it will benefit you more when transferring those two open chord shapes in to barre form.

I also read in one of your other threads that you can play an E chord. Well Am is exactly the same shape, just a string higher, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do it.
Last edited by mdc at Oct 3, 2011,
Learn the "proper" way. It'll aid greatly in your growth as a guitarist. You can learn to bar things as well of course, because that in itself has advantages, but I'd say most of the time you'll be better off with the separate fingers.