I know this is completely not normal... but I only like a handful of artists; I cannot find something else to save my life, and its frustrating because I'd like to have a band of my own someday.

Basically, what I'm asking is some point in the right direction to give me an insight to what I could possibly like,and some bands that I could listen to. I'll tell you the bands that I've liked and listen to this year.

Nirvana -50% of what I listen to is this band. I have no clue why, but when I get frustrated with not finding new bands, I find bootlegs.

Alice in Chains - I don't like metal, and besides the occasional Pearl jam and mayne Soundgarden song, I'm not a fan of grunge.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Some of there older but lesser know stuff (Needle and Spoon, Searching, Workin For MCA...)

Juliana Hatfield - and indie solo artist who youve probably never heard of. Youtube I Got No Idols if your curious.

The White Stripes
Arctic Monkeys
Green Day
Hole

-I'm not into fast tempo, like punk.
-I'm not into heavy metal, like Pantera or anything like that.

Honestly... thats all I can truly think of. I know I'm probably being thought of some alien, but this is pretty much whats on my ipod. I don't like metal like Pantera (some Metalicca is fine), I'm not into punk (Like Black Flag, Ramones) or much classic rock. Am I being stubborn? Am I comparing bands to the ones I listen to too much? Are there any similarities between these bands besides the obvious?

People always give me the same bands; other metal and grunge bands, and very few I've enjoyed. I just need a point in the right direction, and maybe some stuff that I've never heard of before. Theres few new stuff that I Like.

I appreciate the help, and I kindly ask to keep the flaming to a minimum

Thanks, Dan.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
google music map and follow the instructions on their website, then just start youtubing bands you see on there.

none of it will please you though unless you broaden your horizons at least a little.
I dont think the concept of limiting the number of bands you listen to is crazy, although I do think you take it a little too far. For me, a band does not make it to my mp3 unless they have albums I like, I do not listen to bands I only like one or two songs of. I am very top heavy with my music listen as well...not quite to your point, but I do continually gravitate back to certain bands rather than listen to a new band that is only mediocre.

In your case, you like bands where there are so many other similar great bands that there is no reason you should not be listen to them. If you like the White stripes, why are you not listening to The Black Keys? Nirvana, how about Pearl Jam, Bush, Mudhoney, Foo Fighters, etc.., Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Tool, Perfect Circle,

Its alright to be discriminating with the music you listen to, but there are also a lot of great bands you are missing out on.
Quote by FN77
I dont think the concept of limiting the number of bands you listen to is crazy, although I do think you take it a little too far. For me, a band does not make it to my mp3 unless they have albums I like, I do not listen to bands I only like one or two songs of. I am very top heavy with my music listen as well...not quite to your point, but I do continually gravitate back to certain bands rather than listen to a new band that is only mediocre.

In your case, you like bands where there are so many other similar great bands that there is no reason you should not be listen to them. If you like the White stripes, why are you not listening to The Black Keys? Nirvana, how about Pearl Jam, Bush, Mudhoney, Foo Fighters, etc.., Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Tool, Perfect Circle,

Its alright to be discriminating with the music you listen to, but there are also a lot of great bands you are missing out on.

As a huge fan of The White Stripes, and a pretty big fan of The Black Keys, I have to say the two are really nothing alike. The White Stripes have a blues spin on simple garage rock, and The Black Keys have a rock inflected delta blues sound. It's not guaranteed you'll like both, just like not all Megadeth fans like Metallica.

Just felt like that needed saying.
Thanks for both of your help, especially music map and how I'm not exactly alone with my dilemma

I'll be keeping both in mind. Thanks again.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
Quote by dkeenan
I know this is completely not normal... but I only like a handful of artists; I cannot find something else to save my life, and its frustrating because I'd like to have a band of my own someday.

Basically, what I'm asking is some point in the right direction to give me an insight to what I could possibly like,and some bands that I could listen to. I'll tell you the bands that I've liked and listen to this year.

Nirvana -50% of what I listen to is this band. I have no clue why, but when I get frustrated with not finding new bands, I find bootlegs.

Alice in Chains - I don't like metal, and besides the occasional Pearl jam and mayne Soundgarden song, I'm not a fan of grunge.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Some of there older but lesser know stuff (Needle and Spoon, Searching, Workin For MCA...)

Juliana Hatfield - and indie solo artist who youve probably never heard of. Youtube I Got No Idols if your curious.

The White Stripes
Arctic Monkeys
Green Day
Hole

-I'm not into fast tempo, like punk.
-I'm not into heavy metal, like Pantera or anything like that.

Honestly... thats all I can truly think of. I know I'm probably being thought of some alien, but this is pretty much whats on my ipod. I don't like metal like Pantera (some Metalicca is fine), I'm not into punk (Like Black Flag, Ramones) or much classic rock. Am I being stubborn? Am I comparing bands to the ones I listen to too much? Are there any similarities between these bands besides the obvious?

People always give me the same bands; other metal and grunge bands, and very few I've enjoyed. I just need a point in the right direction, and maybe some stuff that I've never heard of before. Theres few new stuff that I Like.

I appreciate the help, and I kindly ask to keep the flaming to a minimum

Thanks, Dan.

tl:dr.

Good on you, TS.
Muse, obviously
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Make a last.fm.

Truth.

Also, you like guitar oriented that isn't too fast or heavy. Sounds like the recipe for classic rock. Ever gave the obvious bands like the Jimi Hendrix Experience or Led Zep a proper chance?

Other suggestions:
-Screaming Trees
-Fugazi
-The Raconteurs